Monday, December 31, 2007

Technique Challenge: Split Image


Today's Technique Challenge at SCS was to do a split image. The instructions can be found on the challenge thread HERE. For this card, I decided to use my much-neglected SU! stamps and papers. For one half of the image, I used Chocolate Chip Craft ink and Clear embossing powder, and for the other I used Versamark and White embossing powder. This card is definitely different than my usual style, and I'm still not sure if I like it, but sometimes you just have to try new things, right?!? That's one of my stamping resolutions for the New Year: to go beyond my comfort zone and try new techniques and styles.

I don't have big plans for tonight. I'm still not feeling 100% yet, and Chris has been sick too, so we're going to stay home with Anna and Caroline and ring in the New Year quietly. Kyle and Megan will be at friends' houses tonight (teenagers have much more fun than 40-something moms!). I hope you find a wonderful way to begin 2008, whether with family or friends, at a party or at home. I wish you all a very Happy New Year! Thanks for being such an important part of my 2007!! :)

All supplies Stampin' Up! (except sewing machine)
Stamps: Office Accoutrement Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft, Versamark, Old Olive Paper: Home Again SS Kit, Bordering Blue, River Rock Other: white EP, clear EP, heat tool, Ice Circles brads, oval punches, horizontal slot punch, 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain, Markers (Choc Chip, Bordering Blue), sponge, dimensionals, sewing machine

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic challenge card Christina! I had never done it before but liked it. Love the DP you used!
Best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy 2008!

Carolyn King said...

This card ROCKS!!! Awesome and I love that dp too!

Hope you feel better...we are doing the same thing--ringing in the new year quietly...fine by me!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Super cute, Christina!! You chose the perfect image for that technique!! I hope you feel better! Happy New Year!