Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Wendy Bond!

Hi there! Happy Thursday! Today I'm participating in a hop to celebrate the birthday of the fabulous Wendy Bond! Wendy is super-sweet and mega-talented! I'm honored to be one of the stamping friends who are wishing her a Happy Birthday today! If you haven't seen all the birthday wishes so far, you can start at the beginning with Karen Motz! :)


I started with this sentiment from JustRite's Birthday Cardmaking Kit. It's SO true, isn't it? ;) The paper is from the Fly a Kite 8x8 pad by October Afternoon. I inked all the edges with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks, then I lightly distressed them with my fingernail. I used Classic Circle and Blossom Nestabilities for the sentiment and matting, and I placed a Prima pearl swirl behind them. The sheer ribbon is topped with Ivory Burlap String and another pearl.

The next well-wisher on the hop is Nancy McKinney! Hurry over to see what she has created for Wendy!

Happy Birthday, Wendy!  You're not older, just better! May your year be filled with blessings!  :)

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by! Have a great day!

Christina

17 comments:

Karen Motz said...

What a beautiful sentiment!! LOVE all the distressed layers too!

Regan said...

this is sooooo pretty!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! Love the light color jute! :)

Unknown said...

That sentiment IS true, at least I hope so. Cause I'm certainly getting there! Ha! Love, love, LOVE this gorgeous card with those awesome papers. And your Ivory Burlap String bow is the perfect touch to finish it off! :)

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Oh so beautiful! Love the layers and the sentiment.

Melody said...

Perfect sentiment!

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Christina!

Unknown said...

I liked how you used the Prima pearl swirl behind the flower - cute card
perderg@q.com

Michele Boyer said...

So very pretty, Christina! The layered diecuts are fabulous!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Totally cute Christina, love the Springy color theme, it's so happy and fun!

Anonymous said...

That is the best sentiment EVER!! Girl, this rocks! I love everthing about it! I am truly blessed to have friends like you guys, birthdays are starting to rock!!!

paula tracy williamson said...

What a stunning card Christina! WOW, I love everything about it, so pretty!

Stephenie said...

My favorite combo of blue and yellow! So sweet! Just a GREAT card! TFS

Charlene Austin said...

I couldn't love this card more. Absolutely gorgeous!! She's gonna love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Wow, I love it!!

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the colours, ribbon treatment and pearls!

Jodi Collins said...

Another stunner! You are a rock star girlie!!