Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Hostess Gift

Hello there! Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! We have a busy day planned with family, but I wanted to take a minute to share my project for this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club. The theme is Thankful For, and you can find all the deets HERE. One of the things I'm thankful for is that I don't have to cook this year! We're headed to my brother's house this afternoon, and then to my in-laws' tonight. I made this little hostess gift with packaged handmade soaps.


These glycerin soaps were easy peasy to make! I made two batches: vanilla/orange peel and lavendar/orange peel. I just melted the glycerin, added the fragrance and herbs, then poured them into the molds. They were cooled and ready in about an hour!


Of course I had to use Pure Innocence: Lil' Pumpkin (currently out of stock) for this Thanksgiving package. I paper pieced with patterns from the Earth Love Mini Deck by Cosmo Cricket, and I added some depth and shading with Copic markers. 


The image is cut out and mounted on the Labels Four Nestabilities tag with dimensional boosters (available at Jody's site HERE). I backed the tag with the Die-namics Decorative Doily Die. I love the added layer of texture it gives!


That's all for now! Don't forget about the Black Friday special sale at My Favorite Things -- Kim has all the details on her blog HERE!

I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Day: a generous and supportive husband, four amazing children, a wonderful family, and good health. I have this "hobby" which has brought me so much joy and has given me some of my best friends. And I have all of you, my readers, who take the time out of your busy days to come and visit me. I can't thank you enough.  I am blessed. :)

Have a fantastic day! A Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Christina

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

What a sweet hostess gift! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I have to make a tag for another challenge tomorrow and I swear, you and I are in sync!! I used the same Nesty with the Die-namice but different stamp and paper (thank goodness)! Great minds think alike!

Michele Boyer said...

Awwww...so VERY sweet! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely fabulous!!