Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November Release Shop & Hop!

Hi, everyone! You've come to my stop on the MFT November Release Blog Hop! All of the new stamps and dies are available NOW at My Favorite Things! Just click HERE to see what's Brand Spankin' New! :) If you came here by way of my friend Kerry, then you're right on track! If not, you'll want to back to Kim's Blog and start from the beginning!

Tonight I get to share with you a set that is sure to be a go-to set for me, Clearly Sentimental about Teaching (this month's Triple Scoop set). As soon as I saw this sentiment, I knew I wanted to decorate and fill a pail to make a teacher gift. I filled it with -- what else -- Smarties! :)


I used ink and embellishments to coordinate with the October Afternoon Report Card paper. The gingham ribbon was too white for the creamy paper, so I "tea dyed" it with some Antique Linen Distress Ink. I just laid the ribbon flat on a sheet of paper and applied the ink directly to it, wiping the pad across in short strokes. The ruler ribbon was a lucky find in my stash!


Here's a closer look. The sentiment is stamped inside the Die-namics Polka Dot Greetings Die. I hand-cut the double mat, and I used the Die-namics Jumbo Scallop Die for the polka-dot scallops.



Now I'll send you on to see what the amazing Jen del Muro has created for you! I'm sure it's something jaw-dropping! :)

Thanks so much for hopping by! Happy shopping!

Christina

35 comments:

StampOwl said...

love this ... your smarties look like they are different to what we have here

Erin Smetak said...

SOOO cool! Darn it, now I need THAT die and stamp set!!! Should have hopped before I shopped! ;D

Cindy Haffner said...

Christine I love your jar, FABULOUS work.

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Christina! I love how you stamped outside the polka dots! Gives it a whole new look!

Jackie Pedro said...

You're such a smartie....(sorry...I had to do it!) This is darling!

slbt17 said...

cute jar!
Sandra

PatS said...

What a great sentiment! Love your candy jar.

Melody said...

Cute, cute idea with that sentiment!

AShu93 said...

Great gift idea for a teacher. I like how you "tea dyed" the ribbon.

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this! What a great sentiment :)

Sarah Gough said...

What a lovely gift! We have a candy called smarties here, but they're more like M&M's!

starqueen said...

Hi Christine,
Love your project! Love the new release!
Thanks for sharing!

scrappintlc said...

Yummy creation, love all the paper and ribbon.

Nancy Thomas said...

What a sweet gift beautiful in its presentation.

Kirsty said...

what a fun gift!

Kelli Hull said...

That's SO cute Christina and look at that stash find.... RULER RIBBON!!! LOVE IT!

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome project and gift idea! Love those mini paint buckets!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome, Christina! So glad I earned that set this month with my purchase!! Love it!

Lisa H. said...

I was just going to ask where you got that yummy ribbon. thanks for the tip-I forget about doint that sometimes. this is clever and oh-so-cute!

Card-Eology said...

I have some teacher friends that would love a jar like that! good job!

Shaz said...

I love these quotes! those candies are called "Rockets" here in Canada. LOL works with the quote too!

Just me... said...

great sentiment to go with such a cute gift! Love it!

Megan said...

Any teacher would be so lucky to get this! YUM!

Dawn said...

This is a really cute idea Christina.

Jan Garber said...

What teacher wouldn't appreciate getting this? Great idea!

Unknown said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

Donette B said...

Cute idea, love the pail...Thanks for sharing & inspiring!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea...Love it!

Jana Weaver said...

Super cute pail...and that measuring tape ribbon is awesome!!

Purple Card Lady said...

What a fab idea! I love the new dies.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely awesome Christina!!

Unknown said...

Adorable! The Smarties are perfect! THanks for sharing.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Cool!!! Love that candy in the jar.

Cathy P in AZ said...

Love what you made here! TFS!

Allison said...

So cool! Love the sentiment inside the polka dot die! And that ribbon is fantastic!!