Monday, November 26, 2007

Winter Fun with Lulu!


Good morning! I hope your weekend was great! We had a good one here -- we got most of our indoor Christmas decorations up, and Chris got the lights up outside! All the kids were home most of the time, and it was so much fun to watch them decorate the tree together. We went through a lot of hot chocolate! It's rare that we have a weekend with NOTHING on the calendar, but this was one of them. I guess it was the calm before the storm, since there are 29 days 'til Christmas!!

I have a card I'm dying to share with you. The images are from the newest set from C.C. Designs, Winter Playtime. It will be released December 7 at All That Scraps. If you fell in love with Lucky and Lulu like I did, you will want this set! The images are absolutely adorable! I'll have more to share in the next few days!

The layout for this card is from Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try. The card base is Bazzill Apple Green Washboard. The other cardstock is SU! Regal Rose, Basic Black, and Whisper White. The patterned paper is from Piggy Tales Ba Ba Black Sheep Collection. The snowflakes were stamped in SU! White Craft ink, and the rest was stamped in Basic Black. I colored the main image with Prismacolor Pencils then blended them with Turpenoid and blending stumps. I sponged around the edge of the panel with SU! Regal Rose ink. I added Stardust Stickles to the snow and Lulu's coat. I used a Sakura clear glaze pen on the eyes, nose, mouths, and snowman buttons & arms. I *love* the clear glaze pen -- it gives shine and dimension just where you want it. I tied some yummy May Arts Two Tone Ribbon around the bottom of the image panel. It is sheer and shimmery and seemed perfect for this wintery card!

I have to talk a minute about the Glitter Dots I used next to the image panel. What a fun embellishment! They come in so many colors, and they can easily be applied with glue dots. They can be used just like brads, but you don't have to pierce holes in your card base! I love that -- no prongs showing on the inside! Plus, the glitter is perfect for a card like this one!

I think that's it for now -- I hope this card puts you in a wintery mood! Thanks for stopping by -- have a great day! :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet!! i love it!!!!
hugs-jd

Donna Baker said...

Your card is too CUTE! I love the bright non-traditional colors for a holiday card!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cute!!! How weird - we even wrote almost the same thing!!!! Have a great day - looking forward to the rest of our year!!!

Jenn D said...

This is adorable. I am loving the textured May Arts ribbon and the Piggy Tales paper. Great card!

nancy said...

oh, this is adorable! the colors, image, layout, embelishments, love it all!! I'm off to check out the stamp set...this is the first time I've seen it and think it just made my must-have list = )!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

that is a really cute card Christina

Tina said...

Very pretty! Love those glitter dots.

Debbie said...

Oh, that is darling. Great layout too!

Christi Flores said...

How sweet!!!

Deb said...

Okay - now I totally need that stamp! It looks just like my little girl all bundled up for the snow! Love the colors on this one!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Christina...this is simply adorable!! I really want to order this set but it won't get to me in time for Xmas...shoot! I NEED those embellishments!!
Stinkin' cute as always!

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet is that? I love everything about it. The tilted main portion is a great idea!

YouInkIt said...

I *love* your layout!

Anonymous said...

DARLING! I enjoy your blog so very much...Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

Lulu is adorable in pink!! Love the sparkles!