Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sketch and (almost) Color Challenge


Hello, everyone!

Today I decided to tackle both the Sketch Challenge and Color Challenge in one card. It wasn't until I finished the card that I realized I used Really Rust instead of Ruby Red!! Oh well, I like it anyway! :) I used How Sweet It Is from My Favorite Things. When you're in love with chocolate like I am, this is a must-have set! *lol* I used my favorite Fall Flowers paper again --I hope you're not tired of seeing it yet! I paper pieced her dress, but everything else is stamped in Stazon Timber Brown and colored with an aquapainter and inks. I doodled some frames around the images and did some freehand machine stitching around the card front. A clip and ribbon complete the card.

Don't forget to head over to All That Scraps -- The Little Bit Kits were released today!! I'll have more Lucky and Lulu projects to share with you in the next few days. Check out the other Design Team members' blogs and galleries to see what they've done -- you won't be disappointed! :)

Stamps: How Sweet It Is (MFT) Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, watercolor paper (SU!) Paper: Fall Flowers (SU!) Ink: Stazon Timber Brown; Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Really Rust, Blush Blossom, Barely Banana (SU!) Other: Aquapainter, Hodgepodge Hardware, Soft Sky & Wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain, Chocolate Chip marker, Word Window Punch, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" Square Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, sewing machine & white thread

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

WTG on the double challenge!! LOL @ not realizing the colours until the end...I do that nearly every time...haha!
I love this set and have only used it once...thanks for the inspiration to pull it out!

Awesome colouring as always!

Anonymous said...

this is super cute!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Hey you know what they say, Close enough for Government work! LOL I love your "version" of the color challenge! LOL It works so well!

Christi Flores said...

Awesome double challenge...I really like your version of the color challenge. :) Super cute card!