Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chipboard Gift Tags


I used the images from my Little Bit Kits to make some cute holiday gift tags. Most of the other materials came from SU!'s On Board Accents and Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit. I *love* the Winter Bright SS Kit -- the colors and patterns are so fun and festive! I've hardly used the kit for scrapbooking, but I have found lots of other ways to use it! To make the tags, I covered the chipboard in paper (a glue stick works like a charm), then I sanded all the edges. I used several punches for the layers. The tree image was stamped on paper and cut out. I lightly stamped the snowflake from Reindeer Games on the oval behind the tree. Lulu and the gifts were stamped, colored, and cut out. All were mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals. I embellished with Stardust Stickles, eyelets, and misc. ribbon & fibers. I made an extra sentiment tag for the star by inking up only the "merry" part of "merry Christmas" then rounding the corners of the cardstock.



I think these would be so much fun on a gift, tied to a bottle of wine, or attached to a bag of Christmas goodies! Or, they could be part of a gift set for a teacher or Secret Santa. Lots of possibilities! :)

Stamps: Lulu's Sweet Delights, Lucky's Christmas Wish, Reindeer Games (C.C. Designs) Ink: Real Red, Bashful Blue (SU!); Brilliance Graphite Black Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi (SU!) Paper: Winter Bright SS Kit (SU!) Other: On Board Accents (SU!) Prismacolor Pencils, Turpenoid, blending stumps, Giga Scalloped Oval punch & Mega oval punch (Marvy Uchida), Corner Rounder, Scalloped Circle Punch & 1 3/8" circle punch (SU!), Marvy white gel pen, Stardust stickles, sponge, dimensionals, misc. ribbons & fibers, silver cord, Jumbo eyelets, Crop-a-dile

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tags are so gorgeous- they could definitely be a gift all their own. Just love them!

Unknown said...

These are so cute! I think I might get that Scrappin Kit. I love the colors!

Chantelle said...

These tags are sooo nice. What a great idea! TFS.

Dawn Easton said...

AWESOME idea Christina! Love these tags!

Christi Flores said...

How cute!! What an awesome idea!!

Tricia T said...

These are so cute and such a great idea! TFS!

Kendra Hernandez said...

these are absolutely adorable christina!

Tina said...

Wonderful Tags, the colors are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

These are all adorable!!! I love the idea of chipboard tags!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love your tags! SO SUPER CUTE