Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Sketch Challenge -- Papertrey Style


Here's my card for today's Sketch Challenge at SCS. I was able to squeeze it in after the kids got home from school and before Kyle's basketball game! All the images are from Papertrey Ink's Believe set. The paper is Wonderland by Cosmo Cricket. Cardstock is SU! Chocolate Chip and Watercolor Paper. I stamped the image in Basic Brown ink, then watercolored with an Aquapainter and inks. I used Cranberry Crisp on his suit, then gave it a light wash with Close to Cocoa to age it a bit. I used Blush Blossom on his face. The shadow was done with a Creamy Caramel marker, then blended with a blender pen. I used the same marker to outline Santa, then I used Creamy Caramel ink to sponge around the edges of the panel. The faux stitching was done with a Chocolate Chip marker. The sentiment and stars were stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. I stamped a fourth star, cut it out, and covered it with Cinnamon Stickles. Then I mounted it between Santa's hands with half of a Stampin' Dimensional. I also used the Cinnamon Stickles on the three star centers and on the "i" in Believe. I used Frosted Lace Stickles on Santa's beard and suit trim. Finally, I added SU! Jumbo Eyelets and Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon.

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out! I think I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit now! Thanks so much for stopping by -- have a great night! :)

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Christina, it's gorgeous! Awesome watercolouring! Love the vintage feel of this card!!! So happy that you are in the Christmas spirit ;)

Bethany Paull said...

VERY nice! I love the stars on the side panel and the stitching.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

That is GREAT! I love it! Beautifully done with perfect execution of detail as always!

Debbie said...

The colors are wonderful...I love the paper!! Fantastic card!

Unknown said...

The is really beautiful!! I love the deep colors and this sketch is great!

Tip Junkie said...

Gorgeous!!! WOW!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this card!

Donna Baker said...

this is so vintage & gorgeous!

Jane said...

Wow, great job on the sketch! After seeing a lot of the samples on SCS with this challenge I wasn't sure if I was going to try it or not (not many of them "floated my boat" so to speak). I did end up trying it (you can see my rendition on my blog) and was happy with the results. Wish I would have seen yours early on...I would have felt more inspired to try it sooner! Great job!

Jane