Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Easy Dinner Recipe

Hi, everyone!

If your family is anything like mine, your afternoons and evenings are often filled with practices, games, homework, or meetings. As much as I'd love to be putting big dinners on the table every night to feed my family (and thereby adding something to my "mother of the year" resume), I've resigned myself to the fact that it just isn't realistic at this point in our lives. When we actually have a night when we're all at home for a couple hours, I've come to rely on a few of my kids' favorite meals. I wanted to share this one with you -- it's quick to prepare and has very few ingredients, plus it's easy enough for my teenagers to make in a pinch (and you can always substitute some of that leftover holiday turkey)!!


Easy Chicken Pot Pie
pkg. of 2 refrigerated, ready-to-bake pie crusts
1 10 oz. can chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
16 oz. mixed vegetables (canned or frozen)
splash of milk
dash of pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll pie crusts (leave out at room temperature for about 15 minutes first to make handling easier). Place one crust at the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour into pie crust. Cover with second pie crust, and pinch sides closed. With a knife, make several vents on the top. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with salad and bread and enjoy! :)

I'll be back later with a sketch challenge card to share -- see you then!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is almost exactly what I do except that I also add a can of cream of potato soup, celery salt and poultry seasoning. Delicious!

Dawn Easton said...

This sounds delicious Christina! Thanks for sharing!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Sounds yummy! thanks for sharing. Chris

Debbie said...

Mmmmm....this sounds scrumptious!!