Tuesday, January 22, 2013

80th Birthday

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Yesterday's day off was such a welcome break, and I accomplished much at my house! That pile of laundry is quite a bit smaller, papers are graded and lesson plans finished, and I had some extra time for stamping! I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch to make a birthday card for my father-in-law, who turns 80 this week.


I love this simple sketch by Carole, and I thought it was perfect for a CAS masculine card. The papers are from the Lost and Found Two: Breeze 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye. Cardstock is Hot Fudge and Kraft. I used three Die-namics on this card: By the Numbers, Mix & Match Banners, and Let's Toast. The sentiment (also from Let's Toast) was stamped in craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

That's it for today. I hope your week is off to a good start! Thanks for visiting!

Have a great day!
Christina

3 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is a really handsome masculine card!! I LOVE the numbers cut from plaid paper!!!

Melody said...

Great masculine card! The wine glass is a cute touch.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Gorgeous, Hot Pocket! so awesome to see you getting inky on a consistent basis - I KNEW you wouldn't be able to stay awey for long! (thank goodness!!!) :)