Wednesday, November 4, 2009

MFT November Hop!

ETA: Guess What?? I'm the Blog Candy giver this month! Our winner is:

bluepoohbear75 said...
Great card. I love all the colors and the paper.


Congrats! Please email me your address, and I'll forward it to Kim! :)


Hi there! Welcome to my stop on the My Favorite Things November Blog Hop! This release is full of fabulous sets -- I just can't choose a favorite! If you haven't seen all the goodness so far, head back to Kim's Blog and start from there! Go ahead -- I'll wait! ;)

My project features the set Wrapped in Love, which is this month's Who's That Girl? set. I had some fun with it, and I created a tall card (8.5" x 3.5") to hold all of the gifts! She's obviously been a good girl this year! ;) The main image in the set is WTG holding just the bottom box, and the other packages are additional images. I did a LOT of paper piecing with my BasicGrey Wassail paper!

Here's a closeup so you can see some of the details better (those tall cards are difficult to photograph!). I machine stitched around the paper panels, and I applied some Icicle Stickles to the bow on top. The top two packages are popped up on dimensionals.

There are sentiments in the set that are perfect for birthdays, too -- so you have a lot of possibilites! SO fun! :)

That's all for my stop! Next you'll be visiting my very sweet and mega-talented friend Joanne Basile -- get ready to feast your eyes on something fabulous! Also, don't forget to leave a comment at each stop along the way -- one of us has some blog candy to give away!

I hope you enjoyed your time here -- thanks so much for hopping by!

Christina

42 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous and FUN!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this set!
Stacy
dssimpson@sbcglobal.net

Barbara said...

Too cute, Christina!

Michele Boyer said...

LOVE your tall card, Christina! Fabulous piecing!

Unknown said...

that card is almost as sweet as YOU! Simply adorable!

Heather said...

Love the layout of your card!! Great job!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic! Love the paper pieced packages!

Crafty Math Chick said...

That DP is PERFECT for this set! Way to coordinate.

Donna Baker said...

wow! love this TALL card!

StampOwl said...

fabulous Christina

Unknown said...

love the tall & skinny card for a change. Looks great!

Lynn Put said...

Excellent card!!! I love the tall card with the stacked up packages and matching designer paper!
Perfection!

Harriet Skelly said...

Love this card - love the paper piecing!

Joy said...

loooove this card, everything about it!

Kathy K said...

I love this long stunner! Such a cute take on it!

scrappintlc said...

Oh LOVE LOVE LOVE it.....reminds me of people shopping Kim out of stock. LOL Brilliant.

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh, I just love this, Christina!! Great card!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card, awesome job.

Chris said...

I was thinking the Figgy would be perfect for this and there it is, and your card does look perfect.

Gail said...

Great card. Love paper piecing and how you added more present is just genius!

Melody said...

I love the long card with the stacked up presents! Great idea!

Michelle said...

Great card...love the paper piecing!

rita said...

love the release projects!

Jessica V said...

I am loving the green in this!

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

I already liked this set but now, after seeing your card, I LOVE IT (and the Figgy paper!) I must have both! Thanks for sharing!

Mia said...

I love this stamp set! So much potential for the gifts when they are paper pieced! I can't wait to get my shop on this evening!!!! TFS! :-)

JessicaK said...

Great paper piecing, and how versatile will this one be with all the different DP's out there to play with!

Lynne Phelps said...

Too cute - and I love how you piled on the goodies for the tall card!

andrea m said...

what a fun cute card!

Laurie Marmon said...

love this tall card. the set lends itself to it easily. fun card!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Christina!!

Lisa H. said...

LOOOVe it! great papers, perfect way to show off this set.

Peggy said...

What a delightful card!! I love tall cards and yours is fabulous! Love this set!

Mary said...

Beautiful card! I love this image. It is so cute and fun. Thanks for sharing your card.
hugs
Mary

Mendi M said...

Great card! I just love all of the paper piecing!

Megan said...

This is so cute!! Love it!

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love all the colors and the paper.

Catherine said...

As soon as I saw this card on Kim's email this morning, I knew this set was a must have! Absolutely yummy with all the beautiful pattern papers! You're a paper piecing goddess! Love it!

Amy Rohl said...

I hope those gifts are all for me?!! Love the whole stack--great card, C!

Unknown said...

Really cute card. Love the stacking parcels.

AShu93 said...

I really like that set because it's good for holidays & birthdays. I also like how you stacked the packages & made a great tall card.

Christi Flores said...

This is absolutely perfect Christina!!