Friday, May 8, 2009

One Card Two Ways!

Hello, everyone! TGIF!! Yesterday's Ways to Use It Challenge was to use Kraft cardstock. I am Kraft-challenged. I love the way it looks in a design, but I don't use it as often as I should! My friend had asked me to make some First Communion cards for her, and I used Kraft as the base and matting for both the boy and girl versions! :)

Since I was mass-producing (6 cards total), I kept the layout the same for all cards. I just love this little lamb from Gingersnaps Spring Things by C.C. Designs -- it's just so sweet! I colored with Copics, and I used some white flock on the wool. For the boy card, I used SU! Parisian Breeze Specialty dsp.

I gave the girl version some feminine touches with rounded corners and ribbon instead of brads. The verse is the Philippians 4:4 Plain Jane by Verve Stamps. On the girl card I used SU! Delicate Dots dsp.

I don't mass produce very often, but I'm happy with how they turned out! Keeping the layout simple really helps! :)

That's all for today! Tomorrow I'll be MIA -- I'm organizing a crafters garage sale at our church, with the proceeds benefiting our parish summer mission. The sale is tomorrow, and you should see my house right now! I'm up to my eyeballs in stamps, ribbon, scrapbooking supplies, and all kinds of other craft goodies! I'll be spending the today sorting and pricing -- EEK! Wish me luck!

Thanks for the visit today -- I'm so glad you stopped by! Have a great day and a wonderful weekend! :)

Christina

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous cards Christina! I think I'm kraft challenged too...I hardly use it but I have enjoyed stamping directly on it lately!
I'm sure your friend will be delighted with these cuties!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Awww... that little lamby is so sweet! Cute stuff, Christina!

Jessica said...

I just wanted to post and say that I love you work! I check out your site everyday! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie Pedro said...

How adorable, Christina. Perfect for a First Communion!

Unknown said...

That lamb is perfect for first communion or baptism cards--- they are both adorable. Good luck in your sorting-- Sounds like a fun idea!! (Plus you'll get first look to buy stuff too!) :)

Alex said...

Ooh, these are totally cute Christina, I love that little lamb!! You don't look Kraft challenged to me - LOL!!! Have a fabulous mom's day!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lesley said...

This is such a sweet card Christina!! Love the layout and the stamps are so darling!!!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Amy Johnson said...

What a great image to use for a little kids' 1st communion. I just made a bunch of 1st communion cards and I never thought of using a cute image like this. Mine were more grown up and religous. I like your idea better.

Michele Boyer said...

SO sweet! I love that little lamb! (I needed a first communion card last weekend...I had to buy one. Shhhh!)