Friday, May 1, 2009

Ocean in a Jar

Happy Friday, everyone! I don't know about you, but it's been a busy week so far! Fun, but busy! :) I am really excited about my project today. I used the new sets Sugarplums Beach Scene by C.C. Designs and Beach Sentiments by AmyR Stamps. The images in Beach Scene are perfect for scrapbook pages or for creating a scene for the Beachies (see yesterday's post). I did something different and made a shell jar! We've had these shells in a basket since collecting them on vacation many years ago, and they deserved a new home! :)


I totally channeled the spirit of my friend Lesa on this project -- her creations always have such a gorgeous vintage look with lots of dimension and texture. I used several Spellbinders Nestabilities, and I sponged all the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink. The shells on the tag were watercolored and sponged, then I cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals.

Here's a closeup of the lid. Isn't this sentiment just perfect?

You can see more samples of this set on the ATS Blog. I can't wait to see what the other girls came up with! If you stop by, you'll find out how you can win a set for yourself! All of the new sets will be released Monday, May 4 at 10 pm!

I hope you are liking the previews so far -- I still have more to show you! Thanks so much for visiting today -- I really do appreciate it!

Have a fantastic Friday! :)
Christina

Stamps: Sugarplums Beach Scene (C.C. Designs), Beach Sentiments (AmyR Stamps) Ink: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand (SU!), Tim Holtz Walnut Distress Ink (Ranger) Cardstock: Kraft, Baja Breeze, Whisper White (SU!), Perfect Paper Panels (MFT) Paper: Parisian Breeze Specialty dsp (SU!) Other: Circle Nestabilites, Curved Rectangle Nestabilities, Long Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft), Aquapainter, white organza ribbon, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Button Bouquet, linen thread, stamping sponges, dimensionals (SU!)

15 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Christina - this is beautiful! So peaceful and relaxing :)

Princess said...

Thank you sooo much for making this! I have a bag of shells under my bathroom sink! I can't wait to make something very similar for my bathroom....because yours is GORGEOUS! Love the colors, the quote, the tag, the buttons....the jar...everything! Beautiful.

Tina said...

This is gorgeous and such a lovely reminder of time at the beach...my favorite place.

Christine said...

What a beautiful project. I just love it.

Basement Stamper said...

Looks awesome! Makes me want to run to the beach :-)

Christi Flores said...

What a fantastic prjoect!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my how fabulous Christina!!! Chloe loves shells...this would be perfect for her...we could make this together! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful project, Christina! You totally captured the vintage look with that wonderful watercoloring and sponging!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, Christina! This is the next best thing to the beach itself! Love the vintage look!

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous girl! what a cool idea and love that tag!

Bonnie said...

What a fabulous way to show off those shells that we all have and don't know what to do with them! NOW I know! This is so pretty Christina...the colours are fabulous and I love the distressing....what a wonderful stamp set!

Deb Lenox Leesburg, Virginia said...

oohhh that is so pretty.. I love stuff about the beach and your jar would make a great gift... thanks for sharing..
Deb

Heidi Kilgore said...

Very Pretty! Love the colors and the tag is just Gorgeous!

Hugs,

Heidi

shel9999 said...

CUTE!! Such soft (but beachy) colors! I love the sponging too!

Mary Davidson said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! I'm always looking for new ways to showcase the shells I collect. What a lovely addition something like this would make. Thanks for sharing...Mary