Friday, January 4, 2008

Showers of Love


Hi, everyone! Happy Friday!

I have had this card in my head since I got this set, Rain or Shine, from My Favorite Things. I finally had some time to make it happen today, plus I got to use my new Copics! :) I used this week's Sketch Challenge on the MFT forum at Splitcoaststampers (I turned the sketch on its side). The sentiment is computer generated, and the heart is from Love Ya Much by C.C. Designs. I colored the image with my Copics and added some Stickles to the boots and puddle. I sponged around the white circle and the image panel with Regal Rose ink. To make the umbrella, I first inked it with Basic Gray, then colored over it with my gray Copic and colored in the polka dots with pink. I cut it out, covered it in Crystal Effects, then popped it up on dimensionals. The gorgeous two-tone ribbon is from May Arts. I love the way it shimmers!

I'm so happy with this card -- it's just the way I envisioned it! That doesn't happen very often! lol. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- have a great weekend!! :)

Stamps: Rain or Shine (MFT), Love Ya Much (C.C. Designs) Paper: Regal Rose, Basic Black, Whisper White, BaBa Black Sheep dp (Piggy Tales) Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose, Rose Red Other: Copic Markers, Stardust Stickles, Cotton Candy Stickles, May Arts Ribbon, Crystal Effects, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals, sponge, computer

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, very pretty! I love the colors and the shimmer.

Dawn Easton said...

So pretty! Love all the elements about this card! It's wonderful!

Melissa said...

Oooooh! Fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

Kelly said...

I agree - awesome card, great colors, and adorable stamp. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Awww..cute! Love the colors and layout!

nancy said...

I absolutely love how you used hearts as raindrops. Great colors, coloring and layout too = )

barb said...

This is so cute! I'm so glad I found your blog - I'm subscribing!! TFS