Friday, January 11, 2008

Lulu's Mailbox

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore -- I went to the Target $1 Spot and came home with a cartload of little mailboxes! I've seen so many cute altered mailboxes on SCS and other blogs, so I had to try it myself! C'mon, at $1 each, how could I NOT, right? The stamps I used on this mailbox are from one of C.C. Designs' new Little Bit Kits, Love Ya Lots. What I like about these sets is that they can be used year-round, not just on Valentine projects. This one would be perfect for a friend, daughter, sister -- any special person!

I colored Lulu with Copics, and I sponged around the circle and the sentiment with Pretty in Pink ink. The paper is from Sassafrass Lass. I'll list the rest of the supplies for you. This was fun to make -- now I need to get busy with all the other ones I bought!! Thanks for visiting -- have a great day! :)

Stamps: Love Ya Lots (C.C. Designs) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Pretty in Pink (SU!) Paper: Serendipity Blue Boutique (Sassafrass Lass); Green Galore (SU!) Crafters Select White (Papertrey Ink) Other: Bitty Blossoms (Bazzill), Got Flowers (Prima), White Lightning Glitter Dots (Jesse James), red satin ribbon (May Arts), grosgrain ribbon (SU!), Marvy punches, Copic markers

19 comments:

Susie said...

This is just adorable. I love decorating those cute little mailboxes. Great coloring on Lulu with the Copics.

Anonymous said...

Such a happy and fun mailbox! I love it!
Hugs and smiles

Dawn Easton said...

FABULOUS Christina! I love these mailboxes too! I have to tell you, you enabled :) me to order those cute CC Designs stamps...can't wait for them to arrive!

Anonymous said...

Omgoodness! This is just darling!! I just love the colors, paper, I love it all!! :D

Michelle said...

So cute!

Cathy Rulli said...

so cute an cheery!!! I have a whole box from last year...shhhh don't tell!!!!

Debbie said...

Christina,
This is absolutely darling!! I will have to stop at Target tomorrow while I am in the city for a bluegrass concert.
Thanks for sharing...have a fantastic weekend! :)

Kendra Hernandez said...

this is absolutely adorable christina!

Bonnie said...

What an inspiration you are!! I can hardly wait until my sets come in the mail...yoo hoo!! mail lady!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Love that dp too!

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwwww this is the cutest!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Awww that is so cute! Fill it with goodies and it makes the perfect valentine gift!

Sew Club said...

Super adorable, Girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! and I am tagging you, mwah! (its an easy one)
Cyndi

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute!

Tina said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

didn't take much to convince me that I wanted one too!:) Hubby just went and bought 3 of them. Will do one with Star Wars for my 5 year old grandson for Valentines day and one for grandson #2 to be born the 28th of this month with teddy bears. What a great idea! Thank you for the inspiration!

Sandy W
www.picturetrail.com/sandywhalen

Alli Miles said...

Darling!!!! i love the colours and all the extras you added to jazz it up.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is a very cute project. You did a wonderful job.