Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Treat Slider

With Halloween being only 15 days away, I've started to think about treats for my two youngest girls' classmates. I'm trying to come up with some "non-candy" treats -- I know the parents will appreciate it, even if the kids don't! ;)

Yesterday's Technique Challenge at SCS provided the perfect opportunity to try something new -- a Treat Slider. I've seen these so many times and never made one. Now that I have, I don't know why I waited so long! They're sooooo easy! I did mine for a popcorn bag, but you can easily adapt the size to fit a candy bar or other treat. All the directions are on the challenge thread HERE. When you pull the knot on the ribbon, the popcorn bag slides out. Pretty cool! All ribbon is from Martha Stewart and was purchased at Michaels.




For the wrapping, I used Bazzill Coconut Smoothies cardstock, Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock, and SU! Creepy Crawly paper. I used my Halloween Set from C.C. Designs (available at All That Scraps) to embellish the wrapping. I stamped the spider, the sentiment and the bat in SU! Basic Black ink. I colored the bat with a black Prismacolor Pencil blended with odorless mineral spirits, then I cut him out. You can't see it well in the photo, but I gave him a little shime with a Sakura clear glaze pen. I then used black and white Marvy gel pens to highlight his eyes, ears and fangs. I used the Marvy Mega Circle Punch and Giga Scalloped Circle punch for the sentiment. I added dots with the white gel pen and faux stitching with a SU! Pumpkin Pie marker. I just attached the circle to the wrapping and mounted the bat on a SU! Stampin' Dimensional, and the slider was complete!

Do you have any other ideas for "non-candy" Halloween treats? If so, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for coming by to visit -- I'm so glad you did! :)

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Christina! This is adorable! I haven't done one of these either. Sure hope I can after seeing yours! It's fantastic!

Bethany Paull said...

How cute! Love the way that bat sits on the sentiment piece.

Christi Flores said...

What a cute idea!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! You're making me wish I'd bought that patterned paper! Love the spiders in the background!