Friday, October 26, 2007

Making Memories Sweets -- They're Sweet!

Have you seen Sweets from Making Memories? They are glossy, two-sided, dimensional flower embellishments, and they ARE sweet! When my 13-year-old daughter saw them she said, "Those are cool!" -- definitely a stamp of approval! :) There are two types available at All That Scraps: Polo and Black & White. I'd like to share a few cards I made using the Polo Sweets. The colors are bright and fun -- definitely eye-candy!

On this first card, I used the smallest size of Sweets. I added a row of three, much the same way I would use brads. They were easily attached with glue dots.

Stamps: Daphne Goes to School (C.C. Designs) Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise (SU!); Coconut Smoothies (Bazzill) Paper: Petals & Paisley (SU!) Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom (SU!) Other: Polo Sweets (Making Memories), pink dotted ribbon (May Arts), aquapainter, Scalloped Circle Punch & 1 3/8" circle punch (SU!), white gel pen (Marvy), paper piercing tool, sponge, dimensionals, glue dots

For Tubby Time, I used a large flower as an accent. This particular one did not have a hole in the center, but I wanted to insert a Bazzill white brad. I used a 1/8" handheld punch to make the hole. The punch easily went through the flower -- problem solved!

Stamps: Bitzy Bugz Tubby Time (C.C. Designs); Warm Words, Polka Dots & Paisley (SU!) Cardstock: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery (SU!); Coconut Smoothies (Bazzill) Ink: Basic Black, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, White Craft (SU!); Brilliance Graphite Black Other: Polo Sweets (Making Memories), white brad (Bazzill), Liquid Applique, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU!), heat tool, white gel pen (Marvy), sponge, dimensionals, 1/8" handheld punch


For the third card, I tied the flower to the panel with ribbon, just like a charm. A quick and easy embellishment!

Stamps: Bitzy Bugz Dress Up (C.C. Designs) Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst (SU!); Coconut Smoothies (Bazzill) Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, White Craft (SU!) Other: Polo Sweets (Making Memories), white organdy ribbon, Liquid Pearls, Stardust pen (Sakura), aquapainter, Cuttlebug & Bloom Dots embossing folder (ProvoCraft)

I found Sweets to be very easy to use, and they add a fun, colorful element to any project!

6 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

great job on these!!! What a cool product!

Dawn Easton said...

OH my goodness! How cute are these cards??!!! GREAT job! Love the colours!! So me! LOL
Those embellishments are yummy, aren't they? Will have to look for some!

Tricia T said...

Oh, you used those bug stamps again! I love them!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I sooo love those Making Memories Sweets! A friend gave me some b&w ones for my bday, and I just bought some Christmas themed ones this week. Love, love, love 'em!

Speaking of love, those CC Design stamps are way too cute and calling my name!!! You're bad, Christina, enabling me that way. Shame on you! : )

Unknown said...

Such sweet cards - they are just precious and such wonderful inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

Hello Christina, i love your blog and these cute cards are adorable :)
I have some of these, but they are black and white. You have inspired me to look them out and use them. Thank you.
Carol x