Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wild Pomegranate Flowers


Good morning! It's a rainy, cool day here -- good for staying inside and stamping! :) Actually, I was up and out early this morning -- I had to take my two oldest kids to an orthodontist appointment before school. I was able to check out today's Color Challenge when I got home. My youngest did not go to school today, since she has a nasty cough and cold, so I was able to get a card made while she napped.

The colors today are Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, and So Saffron. This card came together pretty easily with the help of my Cutie Pie paper! Just yesterday I had decided to use some of my neglected stamp sets, and Simply Said was perfect for this design. I added some Flower Fusion flowers and some brads to the stamped image, and I embellished with stitched grosgrain. For the sentiment, I took the stamp and inked up just the the word "friend" with a Basic Black marker.

That's it -- a simple and fun design! Sometimes that designer paper does a lot of the work for me! :) I hope you're having a good day -- thanks so much for stopping by!

All products Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Simply Said Ink:Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron Cardstock: So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White Paper: Cutie Pie Other: Flower Fusion, Lg & Sm Oval Punches, 3/16" Corner Rounder, Wild Wasabi & Purely Pomegranate stitched grosgrain, Blender Pen, Soft Subtles brads, Stamping Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals

8 comments:

Jean said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love how you popped up your flowers!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Christina! I love the felt flowers and the dots! It's a "happy" card! :)

Pat S. said...

I saw this color challenge and said "yuck!", but it's growing on me :) I like the way you used the dp and the felt flowers. Those colors look great together after all!

Alex said...

Gorgeous card Christina - love how you did the flowers and of course the DP is fabulous! Great challenge card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carolyn King said...

wonderful--love those colors together..what a happy card!
Hope you dd is feeling better soon

Anonymous said...

what an adorable card

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Christina! I had forgotten about Cutie Pie for the CC :)
Love the flower fusions on there...fantastic!

Angel said...

This is SO cute. Makes me want to pull out that set!