Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Sprayed Flower

It's rainy outside today, so the Ways to Use It Challenge -- Just Spray It! -- seemed perfect! I combined it with yesterday's Sketch Challenge. I inked up this Penny Black stamp then spritzed it with water before stamping. Then I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds to make it look like I "sprayed" the ink over the image. The sentiment in the top corner is from Country Blessings (retired). I added some distressing and faux stitching for added interest and texture.

Stamps:
Blush (Penny Black)
Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU!)
Country Blessings (SU!)

Ink:
Close to Cocoa (SU!)
Groovy Guava (SU!)
Wild Wasabi (SU!)

Cardstock:
Close to Cocoa (SU!)
Whisper White (SU!)

Paper:
Afternoon Tea (SU!)

Tools and Embellishments:
Cutter Kit (SU!)
Hodgepodge Hardware (SU!)
Paper piercing tool and mat pack (SU!)
Close to Cocoa marker (SU!)
Dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts)

Thanks for visiting! I hope to have another card to share with you tomorrow! Take care until then! :)

6 comments:

Silli said...

very, very pretty!!!! I love all the details:-) Many thanks for s.

Debbie said...

What a neat look! This is so cool. You are so creative....thanks for sharing.

Allison said...

So pretty! I love the colours and layout. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Christina!!! I love that tall flower and the bit of hardware...and you *know* I love that dp! Oh, and I love the stitching too! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Christina! So pretty!

Alyssa S said...

Wow! I am not a big fan of these colors normally, but this card is gorgeous! I love that Penny Black stamp too - now it is a MUST! :)