Friday, March 14, 2008

Limited Supplies: No Tools!

Happy Friday, everyone! Ihave a card to share for today's Limited Supplies Challenge. The challenge is no tools -- that means no punches, no piercing tool, no Cuttlebug, no Crop-a-dile, no sewing machine -- you get the point. Any embellishments are those can be applied without the use of a tool. This was a good challenge for me -- I didn't realize how dependent I had become on my tools. So here's my "back to basics" card. This card is for my niece who will be one year old tomorrow -- happy birthday, Abby! :) I'm actually making her a birthday set to go with the card -- I'll share the rest with you later! The stamps are from Birthday Whimsy (Sale-A-Bration) and the paper is Spring Fling. I inked the cake stamp with markers, then I added a little sparkle with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I sponged around the panel with So Saffron ink. For my embellishments, I tied some ribbon through a Two Scoops button, then I stacked the button and Prima flowers. They are attached to each other and to the card with glue dots. I added some faux stitches in the corner with a white gel pen, and I created the "holes" with a Sage Shadow marker.

The photo doesn't do this card justice -- it is definitely prettier and sweeter in real life! I am having a hard time with my photos lately -- UGH!! Oh well...

I hope you're having a great day so far. Thanks for making me a part of it -- I really appreciate you stopping by! :)



All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy Ink: So Saffron, Sage Shadow Markers: Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron Cardstock: Sage Shadow, So Saffron, Whisper White Paper: Spring Fling DSP Other: DD glitter, glue dots, dimensionals, sponge, flowers (Prima Marketing), button (BasicGrey), ribbon May Arts)

3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

This is wonderful on such a difficult challenge too---way to go!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! But no tools? I don't know if I could do that. lol.

Jennie Skaggs said...

WOW...this card turned out adorable. It is amazing how much we rely on our tools. I couldn't do anything without my paper cutter. Jennie