Monday, March 3, 2008

Debossed Blossoms


Hello! I hope you had a great weekend! It's Monday, and that means a new Technique Challenge at SCS. Today the technique is Debossing Vellum. I had never done this technique before, so I was glad to try something new. My fellow ATS Design Team member Linda Black is today's guest host. Her technique tutorial can be found HERE or on the SCS challenge thread.

I really like how my card turned out, but the process was not easy. I am a sloooooooow card maker when I'm designing my own projects. I agonize over layouts and details -- I try something, look at it a while, try something different, and eventually decide I'm happy with it. That's what happened with this card. Deciding on the image to deboss was no problem, and I chose my paper and colors just fine, but then I spent waaaaay too much time getting all the details just right when it was time to put it all together!

Most of it is self-explanatory, but I will tell you that I colored behind the debossed vellum with markers, then I applied the vellum oval to the Pumpkin Pie scalloped oval. I used my Quickie Glue Pen (*love* that thing) to draw a thin line of glue around the edge of the vellum. It's difficult to adhere vellum without the adhesive showing, but the Quickie glue is not too noticable. I added dots to the scallops with a white gel pen, and I mounted the scalloped oval on dimensionals.

That's all for today -- thanks so much for visiting! I always am so thankful to all of you for your kindness and encouragement! Have a great day! :)


All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Embrace Life Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Basic Black, Old Olive Cardstock: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie Paper: vellum, Bali Breeze DSP Other: stylus, markers - Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Old Olive brads, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, 3/16" corner rounder, Stampin' Dimensionals, white gel pen (Marvy), Mega Oval Punch & Giga Scalloped Oval Punch (Marvy Uchida), Quickie Glue Pen

9 comments:

Marja Sch said...

I love your debossing blossems. Great techniek. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! I haven't done this technique in a long time! Used to do it all the time on the retired set that had golf clubs...lol
Your card is very pretty, well worth the time Christina!

Carolyn King said...

wow that is beautiful. love the look you achieved..might have to check out that tutorial now!

Anonymous said...

such an adorable card

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is very pretty! I would love to FEEL it as the tech sounds very touchable!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Christina!

Debbie said...

Beautiful! All the detail is stunning....well worth the time!! :) (That sounds like a fantastic technique....I guess I will have to check it out.)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love those flowers and the wide ribbon!

Pat S. said...

Sounds like me making a card...any wonder why it takes me a week :)

I really like the way yours came together...simply stunning.

What first caught my eye...the olive brads...I don't know why...they just finish it off really nice.

As always...very much worth the effort!