Monday, March 10, 2008

A Touch of Spring

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! Around here the snow starting to melt, the temperatures are climbing, and there is a promise of spring in the air. With that in mind, I made this card for Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try. I don't make long cards very often, so this sketch was fun for me. The finished card size is 8 1/2" x 4", and it will fit in a business size envelope. You can click on the photo to see it better -- those long cards are hard to photograph! :) I used the retired SU! set Blooming With Happiness. On the Barely Banana cardstock I stamped Pretty Petals in Barely Banana ink. The flowers were made with the Boho Blossoms Punch, and the centers are Sugarcoated Brads by Doodlebug Design (available at All That Scraps). I have been using these little brads a lot lately! They come in several yummy colors and give just the perfect amount of sparkle to your project! The heads are a little larger than those on SU! brads, so they work better if you need a center for a larger flower (like a Prima).


I colored the image with SU! markers. I sponged around the white oval with Certainly Celery ink, and I sponged around the scalloped oval and the three flowers with White Craft ink. I couldn't help adding some dots with my Marvy white gel pen. I scalloped the bottom edge of the paper with a 3/16" corner rounder (paper guide removed), and I added some dotted ribbon to the image panel. The Banana panel and the scalloped oval are mounted on dimensionals.

That's about it! I hope this card gets you thinking about spring! Thanks for stopping by today -- I appreciate it so much! Have a great day! :)


Stamps: Blooming With Happiness, Pretty Petals background (SU!) Ink: Basic Black, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, White Craft (SU!) Cardstock: Barely Banana, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Pocket Full of Posies glitter stack (DCWV) Other: Mega Oval Punch & Giga Scalloped Oval Punch (Marvy Uchida), Stampin' Write Markers - Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Orchid Opulence (SU!), Boho Blossoms punch (SU!), 3/16" Corner Rounder (SU!), orchid dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts), Sugarcoated Brads (Doodlebug Design), White Gel Excel pen (Marvy), Stamping Sponge & Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!)

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I've always had such a hard time using this set, but you rocked it!

Way to go!

Many Blessings,
M.

jen del muro said...

this is so pretty!!! love your flowers!

Lindsey (jacksonbelle) said...

How darling!! I love the paper and layout! It's got me in the spring mood!! :)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH SO SPRINGY!!!!!!!!! Bring on the happy spring weather! I love it Christina!

Dawn Easton said...

Super card...love those brads! So pretty!

Jen said...

This is very springy...love the color combo. I will have to try this layout I've never work with that card side. Wonderul card!

Alexandra said...

Your card turned out gorgeous Christina! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

theysaywordscanbleed said...

lovely card

Alli Miles said...

I really needed to see this spring card because after all the rain, fog and wind I have seen I am ready for something fresh. You did a beautiful job. Love the spring colours too.

shel9999 said...

So pretty! And springy!! :)

Julie said...

This is very pretty, love the papers