Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Sketch Challenge, New Stuff, and a Lot of Flowers!


Hi! I'm finally getting a chance to post my Sketch Challenge card -- actually, I just had the chance to make it about an hour ago! I think I was in the car all day today -- Kindergarten carpool, Anna's check-up, Taking Megan to volleyball practice, and taking Kyle to a friend's house. I was able to squeeze this card in before I started dinner. It was actually pretty quick and easy -- there is no stamping at all!! I found my SU! order on my porch this afternoon, so I got busy playing with new papers and embellishments. I *love* this Summer Picnic paper (from the Occasions Mini Collection), and I *love* the striped grosgrain. How can you not make a fun project with them? I added a little texture by running the background paper through my Cuttlebug in the Bloom Dots folder. The sentiment on the corner is a rub-on from the Sale-a-Bration rub-ons, Love & Happiness. The flower and red center are from the die cut Blooms, also available in the SU! Occasions Mini. The white circle and red scalloped circle were made with Marvy punches. I added some faux stitching with a Bashful Blue marker and some dots with a white gel pen. The two panels and the scalloped circle are mounted on dimensionals.

Well, I'm off to finish dinner. We're eating late -- Megan just got home from practice! Thanks so much for visiting -- have a great night!
ETA: new photo -- the other one was blinding me! I couldn't get the lighting right!


4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE it Christina! Aren't those new DPs wonderful?! I can't get enough of the Summer Picnic...lol
I love what you did with this sketch! Fabulous!

Julie Allain said...

Beautiful Card Christina!!

Your hanging treat box has been featured on Inspirational

Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card!!! I love light blue and red! Hmmm...I need to check out that paper. I really like it! I like how you tucked the piece of blue ribbon in with the red too!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a gorgeous card...love your bright and cheerful colors. Jennie