Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good Times with Good Friends

Happy Thursday, everyone! I hope you are having a good week so far! My project today is a gift for a friend. I'll be seeing her in a couple weeks, and I have a little hostess gifty for her. We papercrafters pride ourselves on presentation, you know, so I wanted to give it the proper wrapping. :)


I placed the gift inside a small paper sack and folded the top over. I created a band with black grosgrain ribbon, and over it I placed red checker ribbon and a red button tied with black burlap string. The sentiment is from the Friendship Nested Sentiments by JustRite Stampers. I cut and matted the sentiment panel with the Nested Sentiment Custom Dies from JustRite Stampers by Spellbinders. I am {loving} these new Spellbinders dies, custom made to go with the JustRite stamps! I sponged the edges of the sentiment with Antique Linen Distress Ink. It gives a little extra dimension and makes the embossing pop.

I cut a piece of 1/2" Scor-Tape and adhered the sentiment panel directly to the ribbon. I used the MFT Die-namics Hearts a Plenty die to make the cork heart, and I glued it to the back of the panel so it isn't directly on the bag. All the elements are anchored to the black ribbon band, so it all slides off in one piece!

See how easy it is to dress up a plain white sack? :)

That's all for today! Thanks, as always, for stopping by!

Have a great day!
Christina

7 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty and a great idea. TFS

Allison said...

Fabulous! Love the colours and corkboard!

Kathy Martin said...

Excellent card!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, how SWEET! I love the cork heart with the bling...I MUST try that!

Unknown said...

What an awesome way to dress up the presentation of your gift! It's like a gift in itself! I LOVE that sentiment, especially with the JustRite die. And it's perfect with the cork heart and red checkered ribbon.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty and elegant card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your friend will treasure this for sure! I love your cork heart and that sweet little rhinestone!! Charming card!