Monday, May 3, 2010

MFTeasers, Day 3

Hello! Happy Monday! It's Day 3 of MFTeasers, and today we're previewing the new Pure Innocence sets! I had so much fun with this little Beach Bum! :)

I colored with Copics and I paper pieced her swimsuit. I stamped, colored and cut out the shovel and pail. I cut a tiny slit next to her thumb and inserted the shovel so it looks like she's holding it. I stamped, colored and cut out a second right arm and right leg and popped them up slightly, and I put the pail between her two legs. Finally, I stamped, colored and cut out the shell and popped it up.

I finished the inside of the card. I stamped the sandcastle image in Sahara Sand ink.

There is a lot of Pure Innocence cuteness being released this month, so be sure to stop by Kim's Blog after 11 am to see who has previews! Remember that all of the new sets (and the new Die-namics!) will be released Wednesday, May 5 at 10 pm! :)

I'll have more for you tomorrow! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have a great day!
Christina

Stamps: Pure Innocence: Beach Bum (MFT) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Summer Sun (SU!) Cardstock: Fossil scalloped notecard, Whip Cream (MFT), Summer Sun Paper: Snorkel (Cosmo Cricket) Other: Copic markers, Circle Nestabilities, Peony Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Dotted Wave punch (EK Success), button, twine, sponge, dimensionals, sewing machine Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

15 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love the bright cheery DP

Country Mouse said...

Such an adorable image!!! Love the colors and your paper piecing!!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, Heather really must stop designing such cute PI images, because I own way too many I never use as it is! I just don't have the time! I love this one though. How cute it would be for scrapbook pages too! Such a sweet card. I love the colors/papers you used, and how you paper pieced her outfit. The shell at the bottom of the frame and all the scalloped edges are the perfect extra touch. I love the stitching too! Great job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute!!

Michele B said...

So sweet, Christina! I love her bathing suit!

Cindy Haffner said...

Such SWEETNESS, don't you just love her!!

Barbara said...

This is just so SWEET, Christina!! The colors are so happy!

Kelli Hull said...

YEs, Lots of cuteness being released this month is correct and THIS IS CUTE!!!!!!!

LOVE the pail and shovel trick!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Megan said...

This has a lot of fun elements! Love the wavy stitches and the wavy punch!

Sissy Faulkner said...

I know why it is so easy to get hooked on these stamps. No matter how many ways you put them together they are all way cute!!!! I really like the colors and the punches you used.

Carolyn King said...

oh so adorable! Great card Christina!

Tracey said...

Such an adorable image and a sweet card Christina!! xx`

Broni said...

This is just adorable, Christina!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love her!

Allison said...

So cute! Love the stitching and paper piecing!