Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Supper: No Defrosting Needed!

Today's Sunday Supper recipe is one I was happy to discover -- because there's no need to defrost! I don't know how many times I wanted to get something started for dinner, only to realize that I forgot to defrost my chicken! UGH! So, I hope you find this crock-pot recipe helpful for those times! :)

Crockpot Chicken and Mushrooms
6 boneless, skinless frozen chicken breast halves
2 10 3/4 oz. cans cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms or 1.2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Place frozen chicken in crockpot. Mix together soup, mushrooms, salt and pepper and pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours. Serve over rice.

Enjoy your Sunday -- find some time to spend with your family around the supper table! :)

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Sounds yummy Christina! I have a picky eater in the house and she'd eat this for sure! TFS! Have a wonderful day!

Diane said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I've always done something similar in the skillet, but tried the crockpot version. My family loved it because the chicken was more tender and more moist!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Juanita said...

Made this for dinner last night. It was delcious, thanks