Thursday, June 19, 2008

Today's the Day!!

Well, today we leave for our vacation! We're headed to Gatlinburg for a couple days with Chris's family, then we're off to Florida for our Disney Cruise! Woohoo!! Before I go, I have another Artful Inkables card to share with you. The images are from the set Friendship Flowers. I love the hand-drawn look of the image and sentiment -- as if it came straight out of a gardening journal. I had this piece of retired SU! Spring Flowers paper still lingering in my stash, and I thought it would be perfect with the daffodil. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored it with my Aquapainter and inks. I added a little Stardust Stickles to the flower center. I matted the image panel on two overlapping Marvy scalloped squares. It's a simple, springy design, keeping the focus on the daffodil image.

I was hoping to schedule a couple things to post while I'm gone, but that just didn't happen! While we're gone, I'll try to check in if I can! I'm sure I'll have lots of photos to share when we get home -- maybe I'll even do some scrapbooking (gasp!)!! I'll miss you all -- see you in a week!!!! :)

Stamps: Friendship Flowers (Artful Inkables) Ink: Basic Black, So Saffron, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Old Olive (SU!) Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, watercolor paper (SU!) Paper: Spring Flowers (SU!) Other: Giga Scalloped Square punch (Marvy Uchida); Peony Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts); Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain, 3/16" corner rounder, Aquapainter, stampin' dimensionals (SU!)

18 comments:

Sew Club said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Your card is beautiful! :)

Susie said...

As usual, beautiful card. Your trip sounds wonderful. I know you'll have a great time! Stay safe.

Alyssa S said...

Have a fantastic time! :o)

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation!

Great stamping, too!

Unknown said...

have a great time christina!!!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is really sweet Christine!!! I love the polka dotted paper on there! It is perfect!

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet! Have a great vacation!!

The Crafty Den said...

Another fab card (as usual). Have a brilliant holiday and come back refreshed and raring to go. Lots of love, Denise x

Anonymous said...

the colors are fantastic!

arlene,
Port Orchard flowers

Dawn Easton said...

Oh shoot...I missed you! Hope that you have a safe trip!! Can't wait to see all the fabulous pictures!!!

This card is lovely Christina. I really like the look of the flower too!

Alex said...

Your card is gorgeous Christina!! Love the colors! Have a fabulous time on your cruise, how fun! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Julia Aston said...

Hi Christina - I'm a fellow new DT member for Artful Inkables - congrats to you (and me!!) I love your card art and look forward to working with you over the next 6 months - have a great trip - guess we'll 'talk' when you are back!!

nancy said...

What a lovely card Christina : ) ! Hope you have a wonderful vacation. We're currently enjoying some time in Cabo San lucas with family and friends...and I'm using today to catching up on some of my favorite blogs while I have internet service ... so of course, I had to stop by yours. Always full of beauty, creativity and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!! LOVE the green and yellow, so fun! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Christina!! Love those colors! I'm so excited for you for your vacation! We were on a Disney cruise a couple years ago and loved it. I hope you have a fabulous time! (I know you will!)

Lisbet said...

Awake in the night and cannot sleep. Decided to get some inspiration for the week so I began to jump around on blogs to see if my eye can catch some new ways. I´m really happy that I came across your blog and I have stayed much longer then I should at your place. Thanks a million for all the inspiration.


www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com

Linsey R said...

OH, Christina, Just had to stop by and say how thrilled I am to see that you made the Artful Inkables design team! I am friends with Julia A. and I saw when I read her great news! This company is going to become a favorite, I just know it! Congrats, chickie! And what a way to start your vaca! Have a spendid time!

Amy Rohl said...

Beautiful card, so full of spring!

Have a wonderful and safe vacation with your family--yeah for you!

Hugs,
Amy