My project is a magnet featuring painted flowers. Here's the finished product:
And here's a closeup of the flowers:
The project was really fun and easy. Here's the step-by-step (click on any photo for a closer view):
I used the Die-namics Pretty Posies die to cut three flowers from print paper.
I gave the flowers a coat of Tattered Rose Distress Crackle Paint, then I let it dry (if you're impatient like me, you can use a heat gun to speed the process).
I gave parts of the flowers another coat of paint, then I let them dry again. The thicker the paint, the more it will crackle.
I sponged Walnut Distress Ink into the cracks and around the edges of the flowers, then I sanded portions of the paint to allow the print to show through. I repeated the process until I was happy with how they looked.
I cut a piece of a printable Magnet Sheet with the Die-namics Textile Rectangle die. I cut another Textile Rectangle from a piece of BasicGrey Basics Manilla paper, then I adhered it over the printable side of the magnet sheet (the black magnetic side is on the back). I stamped the sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Teaching, then I embellished with pleated paper and the assembled flower.
I hope you're inspired to try painting on your projects! Have fun! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!