Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Supper: Kentucky Pie

Hi there! Happy Sunday to you! For the next several weeks, I'll be sharing some recipes that are perfect for the holidays!

This recipe is for one of my favorite pies, Kentucky Pie or Derby Pie. Since I'm a Kentucky girl, I thought I'd share it with you! Pumpkin pies, move over -- make room for this one on your Thanksgiving table!

Kentucky Pie (from Paula Deen's Holiday Baking magazine)
1/2 (15-oz) package refrigerated pie crusts
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 Tbs all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrust. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle. Press piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate, crimping edges if desired. In a large bowl, combine sugars and flour. Add corn syrup, melted butter, eggs, and bourbon, whisking until smooth. Stir in chocolate morsels and pecans. Pour mixture into prepared piecrust. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until center of pie is set. Let cool for 1 hour before slicing. Serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce, if desired.


This weekend I've been working on samples for the upcoming ATS and MFT releases -- I can't wait to show them to you! We're having some gorgeous fall weather here -- sunny and temps near 60. It's going to be difficult to force myself to stamp today! I hope you have a great day planned -- thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Christina

2 comments:

Davi said...

This sounds very yummy will have to try for our dinner. Have a great day. :)

Sherri Wilson said...

I love Derby Pie. I am also from Kentucky - but we moved to Atlanta 2 years ago. I really enjoy your blog and I have used several of your recipes, they have been delicious!! Have a great day.