Saturday, March 7, 2009

Need a Hug?

Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope you have a fun weekend planned! It feels like spring here -- temps near 70 today!! :) I just had to throw open a couple windows and breathe in the air! It's amazing how a little bit o' spring is good for the soul! :)

Here's my card for this week's SCS Ways to Use It Challenge -- making ATCs. An ATC, or Artist Trading Card, is a smaller card, 3.5" x 2.5", that can be signed and traded. They're great resources for ideas, but they can easily be placed on a standard-sized card or a tag! The layout is this week's MFT Sketch Challenge.

I used the just-released MFT set Hooga Booga for my ATC. The little monster image was just perfect for the card size and the sketch! I used the MFT Summer 6x6 Paper Pack and paper pieced her costume. The sentiment actually reads "Do you need a hug?", but I inked up just part of it, since I was working with a smaller card.

*Quick Tip* Ink up only part of a sentiment or image to give your stamps more versatility!

This image and this card just make me smile! I hope you like them, too! :)

Thank you so much for the visit today! I'm so glad you stopped by! Enjoy a little spring if you can! :)

Have a great day!
Christina

6 comments:

Donna Baker said...

I LOVE your atc! esp how you made the arms of the monster extend the main panel. love the embellishments you used too

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally adorable!!

Debbie said...

What a cute card! I am enjoying your blog.

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Christina! Love the out of the box image!!!

Oh my gosh, you all are about 70 Degrees WARMER than us...hahahaha! Enjoy it!

Rachel said...

Oh, Christina she's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....adorable!