Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April MFTeasers!

Hello there! Happy Tuesday! Today I have MFTeasers with two of the four sets being released tomorrow my My Favorite Things. All of the new sets are SO cute -- I know you'll love 'em! :)

First is a flower pick made with the set Flopsey's Flowers (click on the photo for a closer view). I had picked up these mini roses at the grocery, and I thought it would be fun to turn them into a thank you gift -- perfect for a teacher or other special person! To make the pick, I sandwiched a bamboo skewer between two scalloped ovals, then I layered more ovals on top. I stamped, colored, and cut out Flopsey and mounted him on dimensionals. I stamped, colored and cut out a second set of flowers and mounted them over the first, and I added some shimmer to the flowers with Marigold Shimmerz. To finish it off, I punched two holes on the bottom and tied the ribbon through.


This card was made with the set Cuddle Up Carter. It’s MFT's newest charity set, with $2.00 from every set sold over the next six months going to benefit kids with Cerebral Palsy (like Carole’s son, Carter) via the non-profit Euro-Peds clinic in Pontiac, Michigan.

This is a fun set to paper piece, and I did plenty of it here! I colored the rest of the image with Copics, and I sponged around the image with So Saffron ink. I backed the button with a 1" cardstock circle.


My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party tomorrow, Wednesday, April 1st from 9-10 PM EASTERN. This month there are 4 new sets being released! The fun begins at midnight with the MFT Blog Hop! Head over to the MFT forum HERE to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there tomorrow night!

Thanks for the visit today -- I'm so glad you stopped by!

Have a great day!
Christina

Flower Pick
Stamps: Flopsey's Flowers (MFT) Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: American Crafts Other: Copics, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Oval Nestabilities, May Arts ribbon, Marigold Shimmerz, dimensionals

Carter's Card
Stamps: Cuddle Up Carter (MFT) Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Kraft, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Delicate Dots dsp (SU!) Other: Copics, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Button Latte, Linen Thread, EK Success border punch, sewing machine, sponge, dimensionals

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love the idea of a flower pick!!! How fabulous to receive a potted plant with that in it!! Brilliant Christina!!

Your card is so sweet, I can't wait to see the whole set!

Amy Rohl said...

I am in love with this sweet boy and look at his jammies and blankie--perfect dp, Christina!

mtn bike chk said...

Wow, very impressed. I am fairly new to splitcoast...but when I saw your cards I couldn't resist following your link. You are extremely talented and an inspiration. I will be spending several hours looking at your blog, for sure!

Allison said...

These are fabulous! What a great idea for a thank you gift - makes it so much more personal than flowers alone. I love the paper piecing on Carter - you always rock the piecing!

Kathy K said...

Beautiful work!!! OHMIGOSH, I just LOVE that flower pick! So cute and springy!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Love both of these but that Carter... well, naturally he's my fave!!! Thanks for making him look as sweet on paper as he is IRL!!! :)

Donna Baker said...

how CUTE! love your stitching

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh, how AWESOME!!

shel9999 said...

OMGosh!!! I LOVE that plant stake!!! TOO cute and such a great idea!! And your little Carter card is adorable too! Great job, Christina!!