Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ATS Challenge: White on White

Happy Wednesday, everyone! For today's ATS DT Challenge, Lesa challenged us to use white on everything but the focal image. I honestly thought I was going to have a difficult time with this one, but I actually came up with a card that I *love*!! I used an image and sentiment from AmyR Stamps, and the rest just fell together!



Quick Tip: When making white cards, you can't rely on color to make your design interesting, so give your card interest in other ways -- using texture, dimension, layers and punches.

If you'd like to play along with the challenge, use keyword ATSDTC42 when uploading. Upload your design to the ATS Challenge Gallery so all of us can see it! :) Also, be sure to stop by the ATS Blog today to see more Design Team projects. I can't wait to see what they came up with!

One more thing -- don't forget to vote for your favorite project(s) in the MFT Idol Contest! The top nine are trying to make it to the next round! Voting can be done HERE -- you have until 1o pm tonight (Wednesday) to choose! :)

Thanks for visiting today! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Have a great day!
Christina

Stamps: Amy's Boutique, Boutique Sentiments (AmyR Stamps) Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: white! :) Paper: Craft Fair (American Crafts) Other: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Corner Rounder, Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!); Lily White Mini Brads (Doodlebug Design)

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Girl you did an awesome job on this challenge! I found it a little difficult as I'm more of a DP girl and lots of layers...lol
Your card is adorable...great paper pieced image!

Rachel said...

This is a beautiful card Christina! White and I don't get along but i'm gonna give it a shot-lol. Have a great day!! :0)

Allison said...

This is adorable! I love the way it turned out - I was a bit skeptical when I read the challenge!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous card! I love how all the white accents the swollen belly...the focal point of the card. Great idea! Love your MFT card too! I'm off to vote for the next MFT idol too. Thanks for reminding me!

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh my word....this is perfect! I need to try one of these white on white cards!! I just love this Christina!!

Alex said...

Girl, this is CUTE!!! Love the white on white, totally adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bonnie said...

Beautiful! I love your white on white!

Anonymous said...

What a great challenge! And you did a FAB job!! I LOVE the white with the dots!!! So crisp and clean!

Katie Cotton said...

super cute! What a fantastic challenge!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! I just love the white look!