Thursday, March 12, 2009

Full Steam Ahead!

Happy Thursday! Here's the card I made for my nephew Ford's birthday. He just turned 2, and he's a HUGE Thomas the Tank Engine fan!! I had purchased these stamps several months ago because I knew I wanted to use them when his birthday came! I kept the card pretty simple -- it is for a 2-year-old boy, you know! :)

I embossed the Going Gray background with the D'vine Swirls folder, because I thought it looked like steam! I colored with Copics and pierced around the image panel. To make the trio of stars, I first embossed Summer Sun cardstock with the Spots & Dots folder, then I punched out the stars with a SU! punch. The striped paper is from the retired SU! Prints Pack. The ribbon was on a Christmas gift -- of course I saved it for a project! ;)

That's all for today! I have a couple challenges I'd like to work on and some new stamps to ink up, so I'm off to see what I can do! Thanks so much for the visit today!

Have a great day!
Christina

7 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Christina - this is really cute and I'm sure your nephew is going to love it! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how cute Christina! Love the embossed stars you added....fab embellie! I'm sure he will LOVE this cool card!

Bonnie said...

Oh, he will love it all right! Such a colourful appealing creation! Thomas is such a smiley guy!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

OMG this brings me back. My son is 17 now, but when he was young, all he played with was Thomas the Train!! I still have it in my attic. Loveyour ribbon placement and the bright colors!!

Anonymous said...

This is perfect! I'm sure your nephew will LOVE it!! I wish those stamps had come out five or six years ago.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a great boy's card! Where on earth did you ever find this stamp? Its fabulous! I love your color choices, your layout, and the stars, embossing, and ribbon treatment! Great job!

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome Thomas card! My little guy adores Thomas and would LOVE this card!