Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Scrapbooking Without the Scrapbook

I am not a good scrapbooker. There, I said it. I have a Christmas album I started about three years ago. It's still not finished. It's not even halfway finished. There's something about figuring out fresh, creative layouts that's daunting to me. I realize that's what I do when I create my cards, but the canvas is a lot smaller, and I don't have to figure in the placement of the photos. I'm also not a big fan of all the journaling! So, when I saw Stampin' Up!'s new On Board Clipboards, I knew I had to try them. They're such a great way to display your photos -- the clipboards can be altered in many ways, and the photos can be changed out whenever you want!

Here is a clipboard I made to keep in my Stamping Room. You can click on the photo for a better look. It's basically a CASE of the one on page 5 of the July 2007 Stampin' Success (a publication for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators). I wanted to use my Stampin' Up! products, so I figured why reinvent the wheel (remember, I don't like creating new scrapbook layouts...). I changed things a little, but the design is essentially the same. I used the 13 x 7 1/2" triple clipboard. I started by painting the clipboard with Accent acrylic paint in Antique White (a light yellow-y beige). I added a strip of Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper, cardstock (Certainly Celery, Purely Pomegranate, and So Saffron), and ribbon. I covered some pieces of On Board Accents chipboard with more Cutie Pie paper and made the tag using the regular and small Tag Punches. I added some sentiments and images from Office Accoutrement, Warm Words, and Polka Dots & Paisley. For the final touches, I sponged around the small oval, pierced the tag, and added Soft Subtles brads. The chipboard pieces were attached to the clipboard with dimensionals so as not to interfere with the photos. I added my most recent favorite photos of the kids, and I was finished!

That's it -- easy peasy! I can change the photos seasonally or as the kids get older. I can see this being a great gift for a college graduate or a new mom. You can match the colors and papers to your room decor, or coordinate with the seasons -- there are so many possibilities!!! I encourage you to try scrapbooking without the scrapbook -- I know I'm lovin' it!!! :)

All products from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

No comments: