Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dare to Get Dirty...

...with the Dirty Dozen Design Team from Splitcoaststampers, that is! This week SCS is celebrating the 3-year anniversary of the FanClub! Fan Club members support the SCS site financially with dues each year, and in return get to view a members only gallery created by the Dirty Dozen! The DD is issuing four challenges each day this week -- for Fan Club members only! I was able to participate in two of them today before heading off to Megan's Diving Championships (where she placed 4th out of 16 and received a cool trophy!).



Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Baroque Motifs, Fine Lace background
Cardstock: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White

Classic Ink: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate Craft Ink: White
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Purely Pomegranate double stitched grosgrain ribbon,stampin' dimensionals
Technique: sponging, rock n roll
Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Polka Dots & Paisley, Polka Dots & Petals
Cardstock: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Petals & Paisleys
Classic Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
Craft Ink: White
Accessories: Rich Regals brads, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, 1 1/4 in and 1 3/8 in Circle Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals
Technique: paper piercing
Here are the two cards I created -- the first for texasjodylynn's challenge to use brads on your cards, and the second for genie1314's sketch challenge. Actually, I used a lot of brads on both cards! :) All products are Stampin' Up!. For the first card, I used the Baroque Motifs set. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark, then I heat embossed it with Black Detail Embossing Powder. The medallion image was first inked with Purely Pomegranate ink, then rock n rolled in Basic Black. I sponged the edges in Purely Pomegranate, punched the corners with a Ticket Corner Punch, added brads and ribbon, and mounted on dimensionals.The second card is pretty straightforward. I followed Jen's sketch and made a 5 1/4 in square card. I pulled my colors from the Petals and Paisleys paper I used. I used Polka Dots & Paisley and Polka Dots & Petals stamp sets. I added some brads and some piercing in the corner of the main panel, and mounted the main panel on Stampin' Dimensionals.

This week promises to be a fun one with more challenges -- hopefully I can do some every day! Stop by the Splitcoaststampers Dare to Get Dirty '07 gallery and see what the Fan Club is up to! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Glad you were able to play along!!!