Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Color Challenge Card



Here's a card I made today for the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge. I love doing the weekly challenges at SCS, because they really make me stretch my creativity! I haven't had much of a chance to stamp for fun this week, so this was a perfect opportunity! I used the sketch from Jen del Muro and some scraps of BasicGrey Perhaps paper, and it came together pretty easily! I got to use some of my new Stampin' Up! products, too! I stamped the new Sanded background stamp on the Pretty in Pink card base with Regal Rose ink. The flower image from Garden Silhouettes was also stamped with Regal Rose, and the sentiment from Hugs & Wishes was stamped with Old Olive. I used my paper piercer, piercing template, and Old Olive Stampin' Write marker to make the faux stitching. I added a couple Soft Subtles (Pretty in Pink) brads to the main panel, then attached it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Pretty quick and easy, but I like how it turned out! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how cool! I'm your very first commenter! :) Congrats on your new blog! Looks fabulous! Love your color combo design! Soooo beautiful! Good luck with your new project!!!! Above all...have fun!

Jen del Muro said...

LOVE THIS!!! thx for playing :)

Jan said...

Look at you girl!! This is my first Blog entry!! Thanks for bringing me into the "World of Blog!!"
You go my little crafty girlfriend!!