Wednesday, September 15, 2010

JustRite Christmas Blog Hop!

Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! Today The Dream Team from Stamper's Dream is joining JustRite Stampers for their newest Wednesday feature, 12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hops! Every Wednesday until Thanksgiving some of your favorite designers will be joining some of the JustRite design team for a series of Christmas blog hops, showcasing the JustRite Christmas Collection of stamps! So mark your calendars for Wednesdays at 9am Central for great Christmas gift, card and project ideas, starting at the JustRite Inspiration blog!


For my project today I used the Whimsical Christmas set to make this fun tag! There's no better way to spread some Christmas Cheer than by giving away a bag of tasty treats, don't you agree? :)


I stamped the image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, and I colored with Copic markers. I applied some Icicle Stickles to the snowflakes for some extra shimmer. I inked the edges of the image circles with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The paper is from the Holly Jolly 12 x 12 Kit by My Mind's Eye. I created a pleated paper "ribbon" and machine stitched the pleats in place. I love the contrast of the sparkly rhinestone flourish and the earthy brown button. You might not think they go together, but it works here!


I had the idea to emboss this lined coffee bag, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out! I ran it through my Big Shot on the Multipurpose Platform with both extra tabs removed. The bag is long, so I embossed in three sections. Since the Snowflakes pattern is random, everything blended together perfectly!


Even the side flaps were embossed! I lightly applied Vanilla craft ink onto the embossing to make it pop. Then I filled the bag, rolled the top, and clipped on the tag!

Please visit these designers' blogs (after 9 am Central) to see what fabulous Christmas projects they have for you on the hop today!

JustRite Inspiration Blog
Michelle Rodgers
Amy Sheffer
Heidi Blankenship
Christina Fischer (you're here!)
Kazan Clark
Tosha Leyendekker
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
Cindy Lawrence
Kellie Fortin
Denise Marzec
Stephanie Kraft
Karen Giron
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Carolyn King
Angela Barkhouse
Michelle Kovak

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Christina

21 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh...too cool! Love the pleated ribbon and embossing on the bag!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so very TWEET and festive! Love the snowflakes embossing! :)

Kellie Fortin said...

Sweet Tag!! Love the embossesd bag. Your project fits this weeks JustRite Friday Challenge too!! To make a Christmas Tag --be sure to enter your project in the challenge!!

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness....I love this set and great job with your tag!!!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, I never would have thought of this. What a great idea. TFS.

Amy Sheffer said...

Love every last little thing about this, Christina! The image, the pleated strip at the bottom, the clothespin, the bling, the inked dry embossing -- everything! So beautifully done!

Unknown said...

This is just darling, Christina! Love all the details, including the pleated paper ribbon and how cool that the entire bag is embossed with snowflakes!

Carolyn King said...

look at that gorgeous bag and tag! WOHOO....gorgeous! love how you embossed the bag too!

Sankari W. said...

oooo love those fun colors with the kraft - and that embossing is fabulous! Such a sweet creation!

Unknown said...

This is just fabulous, Christina! So many awesome details!!!

Unknown said...

great tag - I really like all the techniques that you shared to - I'm gonna have to try the pleated ribbon - that is very cool!

Michele Kovack said...

This is awesome!!! Love the pleated ribbon like everyone else!

marilynwillauer said...

Love your bag, thanks for sharing your ideas!!! Beautiful tag!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

LOVE your embossed bag Christina!! And your tag is just super charming with that sweet bird, pleated ribbon and bling!! WOW!

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable, Christina! I love this image. What a great idea to emboss the bag. Filing away in my faulty memory bank...

Susan (rainy) said...

LOVE the embossed bag, Christina! The tag is adorable, too.

Kathy Jones said...

My goodness - that looks like a designer bag - love the embossing and that tag is stunning!!! Wonderful colouring and your detailing is incredible!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous, Christina! Love how you embossed the bag! Fantastic idea!

Jessica said...

Who'd a thunk! Embossing a paper bag! What a grand idea! Thanks for sharing it with us. I love the tag too!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

You're a genius, Christina! But then, you knew that, didn't you?! Love that sweet tag, and don't think some ordinary brown paper lunch sacks aren't going to get embossed now, thanks to your brilliant idea! Hugs!

Steph Ackerman said...

Love this idea.