Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Supper: Chicken Italiano

Hi there! Happy Sunday! It's been a while since I posted a Sunday Supper recipe -- I guess that's because we haven't had enough time for family suppers lately! I'm planning to serve this meal this week -- if I can get all my kids home at the same time! This is great served over pasta or rice.

Chicken Italiano (from Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes)

2 to 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 10-3/4 oz. cans golden mushroom soup
2 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 c. onion, chopped
1t. dried basil

Arrange chicken in a slow cooker. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours. Cut or shred chicken into bite-size pieces before serving. Serves 4 to 6.


Today is Day 2 of MFTeasers! Stop by Kim's Blog to see the list of designers who have previews for you! I'll have my first MFTeaser tomorrow -- I hope you'll stop back!

Have a great day, everyone! Don't forget to spend some time around the supper table! :)

Christina

1 comment:

Gooseberry Patch said...

Hi Christina!

Thanks so much for sharing our slow-cooker recipe here...Chicken Italiano is definitely a keeper. We're so glad your family enjoys it!

If you haven't already, check out the Gooseberry Patch blog for even more great recipes...

www.gooseberrypatch.typepad.com

Thanks again!