Monday, October 15, 2007

Norris Lake Photos and a Card to Share

Hi!

I have a card to share, but first I wanted to show you some photos of our trip to Norris Lake in Tennessee (click on any of the photos for a better look). The house belongs to a family we know -- our daughters go to school together. We went with Chris's sister, her husband, and their two children. It was a little too cold to rent a boat, but we spent some time at Norris Dam and the State Park. We also just had time to "hang out" in the house, playing cards and ping-pong and enjoying the beautiful view. The guys did get to play golf Friday, and I actually was able to read a book! It was a much-needed weekend away! :)

There were deer everywhere -- I couldn't get my camera out fast enough most of the time, since they just ran across the road or through the yard without warning! We did get a shot of one in the road as we were arriving Thursday.




Here's the view from the back of the house. Notice how low the lake is -- the lack of rain this summer really affected the water level!






Since the back of the house is west-facing we saw beautiful sunsets, too.






These next two photos are taken at the Norris Dam Marina. You can see here how low the water is -- you can barely see it coming up into this area next to the parking lot. Normally, the water would come up almost level with the lot.





The "No Fishing" sign looked a little out of place in front of the dry bed -- I thought it made a funny picture!!







Even though we had a great weekend, I was missing my stamps and all of you! :) I was eager to get back to work! I'm trying to play catch-up with some challenges, so I created this card with a couple in mind. I used Jen del Muro's "Sketch For You To Try" and the SCS Ways to Use It Challenge -- using bling!
I love this C.C. Designs Bitzy Bugz Cutie Patootie image -- I thought she'd be perfect for one of the many baby girl cards I need to make! The card base is Bazzill Canvas Texture and the patterned paper is Sassafras Lass Blue Boutique - Delightful. They can be found at All That Scraps. The SU! Green Galore cardstock was dry embossed with my Cuttlebug and the Bloom Dots embossing folder. The image and sentiment (from SU! So Very) were stamped on Bazzill Coconut Smoothies cardstock with SU! Basic Black ink. I colored her and added her shadow with SU! Green Galore ink and an aquapainter. I paper pieced her dress with the patterned paper and added stitches with a Green Galore marker. I also used the marker to put some doodles in the corners. I punched out the sentiment with a SU! Round Tab Punch, pierced under the sentiment, and sponged around the tab and panel with SU! Regal Rose ink. The ribbon is May Arts sheer white dots on pink, and the flower is a Bazzill Bitty Blossom. The "bling" came from a couple of rhinestones from my stash, manufacturer unknown. I think this one turned out pretty cute -- now to decide which baby girl receives it! :)

Thanks for taking the time to look at this lengthy post -- I'll be back with more for you tomorrow! :)

7 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Christina! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Tennessee looks so beautiful at this time of year! I loved our drive through there earlier this year. Hope you all had a FAB time!

Your card is adorable! I haven't done that sketch yet...it's on my to do list ;)

That image is sooooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! Thx for playing!! Love the card!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous photos!! Thanks for sharing those! And an adorable card!! Those bugs are just the cutest! :)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a cute card!!! Love those little bugs!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm from East TN and it's great to see those pictures! (Not so great that there's been a really bad drought, though)...thanks for sharing! I hope you had a great time! I'm in NE now, I sure do miss the beauty of TN...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! That is quite the view! How fun! :) Darling, darling card!!! So what are you waiting for...hop in your car! It would be a BLAST!! :D

Anonymous said...

LOVE those cute cute bugs! And your color combo just pops. Of course, I do love anything with pink and green... : ) Your Fall Break looks beautiful. Ours starts today, and the weather just got "thunder-y" as my 3 year old says! Hugs, Christina!