Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Monday!


Good morning, and happy Monday! I apologize for not posting this weekend. Chris was gone all weekend, and our schedule was packed every day. I won't bore you with all the details, but let's just say I spent more time in the car than I did at my stamping table! I didn't even get to do any stamping for World Card Making Day! UGH!

Here's a card I started Saturday, finished Sunday, and am posting today! It was going to be for a baby shower, but I decided it might be a fun "just because" card instead! Many of the supplies for this card can be found at All That Scraps. The card base is a Memory Box Granny Smith Notecard. I dry embossed it with my Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder. The paper is from Doodlebug Designs. Matting is done on SU! Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I just *love* the Bitzy Bugz from C.C. Designs. This one is Umbrelli. I stamped the image on Bazzill Coconut Smoothie cardstock with SU! Basic Black ink, paper pieced the umbrella, and colored the rest with a blender pen and SU! Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise. The "raindrops" around the image are Splat Rain Dots from Cloud 9 Designs. The sentiment is from the Daphne/Donald Goes to School sets, also from C.C. Designs. I stamped it with Basic Black ink on Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I used a SU! word window punch to round off the end, then added a Bazzill white brad. I finished the card with Tempting Turquoise ribbon, and I mounted the image panel and sentiment on dimensionals.

I ususally don't use bright colors on my cards, but I really like this one! It's cheerful and happy! I hope I get a little more time to stamp today. Please stop back to visit -- have a great day! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling card! I love the colors, embossing, love it! :)

2 Worlds said...

This a darling kit

Christi Flores said...

What a fun card!! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Love the pattern umbrella!

Dawn Easton said...

I love this bright and cheery card! You did great with it! LOVE the paper piecing!

Sorry you didn't stamp on Saturday. Neither did I, bummer eh?!

Hope your week slows down a bit and you have some stamping time!

Tricia T said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, I love this card!!! The bright colors are just *great* for cute bug cards!!!

Anonymous said...

THIS is ADORABLE!!!! I love the fun, bright colors!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this?! Tooooo cute!! Love the CB background with that fun dp and sweet bug! Absolutely adorable!