Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Supper: Cauliflower-Cheddar Soup

Happy Sunday, everyone! I have a quick post with today's Sunday Supper recipe. I'm headed back to the soccer field this morning -- Kyle's team won all three games yesterday, so the tournament continues!

It was cold at the field last night, and it's cold this morning, so I'm thinking that this soup might be the perfect thing to warm us up later!

Cauliflower-Cheddar Soup (from Gooseberry Patch Christmas Kitchen)

2 T. butter
1/2 onion, chopped
3 c. cauliflower, coarsely chopped
10-1/2 oz. can chicken broth
2-1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in cauliflower and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Combine milk and flour until smooth; add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling and thickened. Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4.

Don't forget to check out all the All That Scraps previews on the ATS Blog. They're all being released tomorrow (Monday) night at 10:00 pm Eastern!

I'll be back tomorrow with my first MFTeaser of the October releases! I hope you'll stop back! Have a great day -- don't forget to spend some time around the supper table!

Christina

3 comments:

Kathy Camasso said...

Mmmmmm, this sounds delish (and easy too); I'm going to give this a try! Thanks Christina!
Kathy

Pamela said...

This recipe is wonderful! I love all the books that they produce and slowly try to acquire them!

I love your blog and it is one of my fav that I check out every day. Keep up the great work you produce - I feel inspired each time I visit!

Stephanie J said...

Mmmmmmm..... I made that recipe tonight, but added in some red pepper, too... thank you SO much for the inspiration both in the kitchen and the craft room!!