Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What's in My Jar?

Hi there! You've come to my stop on the MFT Hop Around the Block! If you've come from Carole's Blog, welcome! If you haven't seen all the projects so far, head back to Kim's Blog and hop along from there! Go ahead... I'll be here when you get back! ;)

I am so excited about this mid-month release, because we'll change the way you gift! We're all looking for cost-effective gift ideas, and MFT has found PERFECT PACKAGING!

Sets being released: Time for the Bubbly Label, Teacher Label (mini sets that retail for $9 each)
Other products being released on May 20th (midnight):
*
Stephanie Fizer Papers - School Collection digi paper pack ($2.95)
*Jars sized to fit label stamp sets (sold in packs of 4/$12)
*Eclipse Masking Sheet packs ($3.95)
*Adornments Shimmer brads (8-10 each pink, 8-10 cream, and 16-20 white)


What's in my jar? I created a teacher thank-you gift -- a jar of inspirational teacher quotes. I am a teacher by profession, so I am fond of all things teacher-related. I just flipped when I saw the Teacher Label set and Stephanie's school papers, and I couldn't wait to use them together!

I went online and found some great teacher quotes (click HERE and HERE). I pasted them into a Word document, printed it, and sliced it up! Then I filled the jar! On the label, the sentiment was stamped in white craft ink onto BasicGrey dp and heat embossed with white detail EP. The books and ruler were colored with Copics, cut out, and popped up on dimensionals.

As a last-minute idea, I made a coordinating jumbo clothespin memo clip. See the striped paper in the clip? It's another of Stephanie's patterns! :) Both buttons are from the Cup o' Buttons Spring Collection.

Okay, you've seen what's in my jar, and now you get to see what's in Amy's! I'm sure it will be something fabulous! :) Thanks so much for hopping by!


Christina



31 comments:

hobbydiva said...

Fantastic!!! Really love the yellow ruler ribbon!!!!

StampOwl said...

love it

Carolyn King said...

Awesome idea! love all the quotes and the big clip!

Kate said...

Love the bow! very creative.

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job

Michele Boyer said...

Fabulous idea and design, Christina!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I *LOVE* this idea so much -- wish I'd thought of it first!!! I think I'm going to adopt this as my 'First Day of School' gift for Carter's teacher next year! Remind me in mid-August, okay?! ;)

Amy Sheffer said...

I love your idea of filling the jar with quotes - FABULOUS!!

Kelli Hull said...

That ruler ribbon is neato stuff...and my Daddy was a teacher so this is a fun set. I shoulda known you were a teacher just by your demeanor, you are SO sweet...I dont thing these will get here in time as school is out soon but JUST IN CASE I'm all over these sets.....

Carolina said...

Love your take on the hop...what a delightful gift for a teacher - love it!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Very cute. Any teacher will love it.

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Christina! Perfect for this time of year!

JessicaK said...

Sweet, I love that yellow ruler ribbon.

Michelle said...

Fabulous! A very thoughtful teacher gift. I'm loving the ruler ribbon as well.

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

aaww, christina, this is amazing! what a neat idea to put those little quotes in there. how inspiring!! now, inspire me as to where you got that ribbon? lol!

Melody said...

Very creative idea! Love that ribbon!

Betty J Schaub said...

neat-o!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

That ribbon is perfect...this is fabulous!!!!!

Allison said...

What a fabulous gift! The quotes, papers and packaging are awesome.

Tracey said...

A fantastic idea! Love the matching clip!

Joyce said...

Love the "teacher's rule". Cute.

Amy Rohl said...

Aack, this is just too cute, Christina! Love the tape measure twill, oh so perfect!

Lynn said...

Super cute. Love it!!!

Carrol said...

Very creative. I love it.

Alex said...

What a super cute set Christina!! I love that jar and the holder is adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Candice said...

What a fabulous set, Christina!! Love that jumbo clip - SO cute!!

Lady Liberty said...

What a nice teacher gift this is and an inspiration as well. And I love the little clip. tfs
Gloria

Erika M. said...

Very cute!

Heather Ulmer said...

WOW! this is such a cute, awesome project! I adore the ribbon stuff you used that looks like a measuring tape

Anonymous said...

great projects!

ginadcelisatyahoodotcom

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous!!