Monday, June 2, 2008

Just Sittin' Around...



Hi there! Happy Monday! It is a gorgeous morning here -- sunny, clear blue sky -- and I'm sitting in my kitchen with the window open listening to my girls playing outside. My neighbor is mowing her lawn, and it smells so great. It doesn't get any better... :)

Oh, I guess I should get to the card, huh? This card was made with Froggie and Friends, one of the June C.C. Designs releases. I LOVE this set!!! There are 24 -- yes, 24 -- stamps in the set. I used six of them on this card: frog, lily pad, cattails, fly, hat, and sentiment. The others include a turtle, snail, hopping frog, dragonfly, and more sentiments and accessories. It's such a cute set with all the pond pals! The cardstock, paper, ribbon and brads are all part of the kit Christine put together to go with this set. It will be available with the new releases this Wednesday, June 4, at 12:01 AM.

I colored most of the images with Copics, but for the lily pad I used a combination of Copics and Prismacolor Pencils. I saw Julie Ebersole do it on THIS blog post, and it gives great depth and shading to your images. The Copic colorless blender blends the pencil color right into the Copic color -- it's so cool! I used Marvy punches for the circles, and I added dots to the scallops with a white gel pen. I drew in a water line and colored over Froggie's eyes with a black gel pen, and I sponged around the white circle with SU! Bashful Blue ink. The sentiment was punched out with a SU! Word Window punch and sponged with Bashful Blue ink. The hat was cut out and mounted on a rolled up glue dot.

Don't forget to visit the ATS Blog for Design Team samples and giveaways of the new sets! Also, please join us tomorrow night at 10:30 pm at the ATS Message Board -- we'll have a little party before the release at midnight! Thanks for visiting today -- have a fantastic day! :)

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

This is ADORABLE Christina....hope my stamps come today!!

Susie said...

I just love this. You did a fabulous job with everything - so much texture and wonderful design. I'll be ordering this set for sure.

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!!! I'm off to check this set out. It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

that is totally cute!

Arlene,
Puyallup flowers

Anonymous said...

How cute is that! The little frog waiting for his birthday presents;-)

xx Inge

Jean said...

I love everything about this card...so cute!!

Alyssa S said...

Love the little scene you created! Great card!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Toadally loving your samples. The coloring does have great depth! Nicely done :D How cute is he sittin on the lily pad?

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oh my!! This is just too adorable for words!!! Lovely scene!!!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAACK!!! This is SOOO cute!!! I love that little frog!