Sunday, June 15, 2008

For Dad


Hello! Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there! Here's the card I made for my Dad. The card size is 4.25" square. I used the stamp set King of the Grill by Rupa Shevde for Gina K. Designs. I paper pieced the golf bag and colored the stamp with SU! markers. To create the golf ball, I ran a piece of white cardstock through my Cuttlebug in the Tiny Bubbles folder. I punched out a 1 1/4" circle and flipped the cardstock over so the bubbles were inverted. It looks just like the dimples on a golf ball, don't you think? I matted it on a 1 3/8" Ballet Blue circle. The tabs were made with a SU! Large Oval punch -- I cut it in half to create the two tabs. Then I tied some natural hemp twine through them. I added some Rich Regals brads, and that's it! I like the clean, simple design -- just right for a masculine card.

Next week I'll be cramming a lot into a few days -- I'm going to create as much as I can before we leave next weekend for our Disney Cruise!! I'm already knee-deep in laundry, and I haven't even begun to pack! It'll get done, one way or another! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: King of the Grill (Gina K. Designs) Ink: Basic Black Cardstock: Really Rust, Ballet Blue, Whisper White (SU!) Tools: Cuttlebug & Tiny Bubbles embossing folder (Provo Craft), lg oval punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1/8" handheld punch (SU!)Accessories: natural hemp twine, markers (Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel), Rich Regal Brads, dimensionals (SU!)

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Super cute Christina! Love the golf ball!

Hope you get all done that you want to before you leave for your trip!

Karen said...

This is a great masculine card. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

that's perfect!

arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers