Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Color Challenge with Kissed Flowers


How could I resist today's Color Challenge -- Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and Chocolate Chip?!? I *love* those colors to begin with, but what's better is that they are the colors in the Sultry paper pad!!! Someone is going to have to forcibly remove that pad from my hands -- I think I could use it every day! :)

The images are from Silhouette Blooms I from The Kim Hughes Collection by Cornish Heritage Farms. I had some more fun with CHF backgrounders, too -- Spanish Script and Cheesecloth. I stamped Spanish Script lightly in Certainly Celery on the background of the image panel. Then I stamped one of the flower images a few times in Pretty in Pink. Today's backgrounder challenge is to use the kissing technique with your backgrounders, so I inked Cheesecloth with Chocolate Chip, pressed (or kissed) the flower image onto it, then rock-n-rolled the edges before stamping. I sponged the edges of the image and sentiment panels, and I embellished with brads and ribbon.

It's a pretty simple design, but I had fun using the backgrounder to give the flowers a different look! Try it with those background and solid image stamps that you have! If you don't have background stamps, kiss your solid image stamp against another stamp or a wheel! I'd love to see what you come up with! :)

It's another gorgeous spring day here today -- I hope you're having beautiful weather as well! Thanks for making me a part of your day -- I really appreciate it! :)

Stamps: Silhouette Blooms I, Cheesecloth Backgrounder, Spanish Script Backgrounder (CHF) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink (SU!) Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Sultry 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Chocolate Chip 7/8" grosgrain, oval punches, Soft Subtles brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, stamping sponge (SU!); Pink dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts)

7 comments:

jjcreations said...

This is very pretty. Nice job of the colour challenge. Joan

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card Christina! They are pretty colours and your stamp is lovely! Glad you are having nice weather ;) haha!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Christina! And I'm not just saying that because it's mostly pink and brown! :) I love Silhouette Blooms and you're awesome with it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!

Arlene,
Bainbridge Island flowers

Unknown said...

This is stunning Christina! Love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW another fantastic card! LOVE the stamps, colors, just gorgeous!!

Becca said...

Absolutely Beautiful
Bela