Wednesday, April 30, 2008

C.C. Designs May Stamps Preview!

Hello! It's Wednesday already! For the next four days, I'll have some previews of the May releases from C.C. Designs! They will be available May 4 at All That Scraps. Today I have two samples for the set "A Hootin' Good Time." This set has eight --yes eight -- little owls, a tree trunk, a branch, leaves, and three sentiments. SO many possibilities! Christine sent the Senior Design Team a kit with supplies (cardstock, patterned paper, brads, ribbon) to make two cards. I *love* this Grateful paper from KI Memories, and I can easily see myself needing more! These same supplies will be available with the new sets -- so all the thinking is done for you!! The only thing I needed to add was white cardstock.


The first card is pretty self-explanatory. I used my Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder on the background, since it looks so much like owl eyes! I colored the owl, branch and leaf with my Aquapainter and SU! inks. I added a little sponging with SU! Old Olive ink to the image panel and sentiment panel, then I mounted the panels on dimensionals. I'll let you in on a little secret -- I mounted the panels and then realized I wanted to add the eyelets. So, instead of taking everything apart, I used a wire cutter to snip the prongs off the eyelets and then attached them with glue dots. Don't tell... ;)


For the second card, I used the faux wood technique on the tree trunk. I had seen this technique on Gina K.'s blog HERE, and I knew it would be perfect! I stamped the image in Basic Brown on white card stock, then I swiped SU! More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, and White Craft ink across it. I cut it out and mounted it on the white cardstock with Pop Dots. Looks pretty real, doesn't it? I then stamped the owl in Basic Brown, colored it with an Aquapainter and SU! inks, cut it out, and mounted it on dimensionals. I drew in a ground line and sponged the white cardstock with SU! Soft Sky, Old Olive, and More Mustard inks. I stamped the sentiment in SU! Chocolate Chip ink directly on the patterned paper.

Be sure to stop by the All That Scraps Blog to see more samples of the new sets -- Christine is doing some giveaways, too! I'll be back tomorrow with another preview -- I hope you'll stop back! Thanks so much for visiting -- have a great day! :)

7 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome cards Christina!!! Love the owls!

Carolyn King said...

how cute. love your owl cards...that dp is perfect in the first one--love the look of it with the owl image!
The second card is adorable...love how he is perched in the tree hole!

Jenna said...

I absolutely adore those owls!! And the paper is beautiful too.. awesome job

Anonymous said...

Those are both darling!! I love the fun colors!

Karen Hanim said...

The tree looks great! What a wonderful technique.
Karen Hanim
Scrapbooking in Turkey

Anonymous said...

I love the papers behind the tree... very cute! I am putting this set on my wish list! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Ack! These are so cute! Love that patterned paper!