Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines for the Classroom

Whew! I finally finished the Valentines for school! Caroline needed treats for her preschool class, so this is what I made for her. I wanted to do something that was cute but easily mass-produced, and the images from Hugs and Kisses (from the Kim Hughes Collection by Cornish Heritage Farms)were just what I needed! The bags are small cellophane bags from SU!. Cardstock is Pixie Pink, Real Red, and Whisper White. Ink is Pixie Pink, Real Red, and White Craft. I used a corner rounder on the toppers. The dots on the scallops were done with a Marvy white gel pen.

I apologize for the terrible photos -- it's been dreary all day, and I think my camera needs new batteries!!! :(


A few weeks ago I saw this post on Cammie's Blog, and I knew I wanted to make this bottle. I just loved the look of all those m&m's inside! :) For this project I used stamps from Gina K. Designs. The solid heart is from the Stamps for a Cause set Love You to Pieces, and the sentiment on the lid is from Punchy Words. The large heart was a perfect stamp to use for today's Wednesday Tutorial on SCS -- Faux Shaving Cream. I used Pixie Pink and Real Red ink. Cardstock is Real Red and Whisper White. The paper band around the bottle is BasicGrey Romani.


This gift is going to Megan's teacher, who also is a family friend. She's a huge Starbuck's fan, so it's only appropriate that her Valentine treat should come in a Frappaccino bottle! ;)

Valentine projects are always fun to make, but I think I'm ready for some spring projects now! What do you think? Thanks for visiting today -- have a fantastic day!! :)

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Christina!
Wow! Cute little Valentine's...even though they were simple...I am sure they were time consuming...especially all the little dots around the scallop.
Love the bottle! The faux shaving cream look is so cool.

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Love the "tent topper" on the little treat packs...so cute! Love the dots on the scallops! Awesome bottle..makes the m&m's look even more yummy!

Anonymous said...

These are ADORBLE!! I especially love the little packets!!! Too cute!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Carolyn King said...

Soo cute. Love your projects---fantastic job on them!