Saturday, February 16, 2008

Getting Organized

Hello! I hope your weekend is great so far! I've spent a good amount of time cleaning and organizing our downstairs office/stamping room. What started as just cleaning off my messy table snowballed into some much-needed and long overdue organizing and purging!!!! During the process I uncovered some alterables I'd picked up along the way -- they were begging for some attention! So, as a reward for a job well done, I got busy altering them! :)


The first item is a 9x6 inch clipboard. It was part of a 3-pack I purchased at Staples several months ago. I turned it into a "to do list" holder, so I can keep better track of my projects and deadlines. I covered the clipboard and the chipboard "t" with SU! Bali Breeze paper. Then I stamped over it using Baroque Motifs and Simple Type Alphabet (retired). I had grosgrain ribbon and Primas that matched perfectly, so I used them for embellishments. The clipboard is now hanging on the wall above my table, so I can't escape the list!



I picked up these packs of magnetic clips at the Target $1 Spot, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I covered them with Cosmo Cricket Wonderland paper, which coordinates perfectly with my kitchen. Then I used sets from Papertrey Ink to monogram them for Kyle, Megan, Anna and Caroline. Now their important papers and invitations look great on the side of our refrigerator! Good-bye ugly magnets (more purging)! :)

Now that the office is clean and my juices are flowing, I have lots of ideas swimming in my head! That means I'll have more to share -- I hope you'll stop back! Thank you so much for visiting my blog -- I appreciate it SO much! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! :)

Supplies for clipboard:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Simple Type Alphabet (SU!) Ink: Tempting Turquoise (SU!) Paper: Bali Breeze (SU!) Other: On Board Simon Lower (SU!), sanding block, flowers (Prima), Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon (SU!)

Supplies for magnets:
Stamps: Trajan Monogram, Borders & Corners Monogram Edition (Papertrey Ink) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, So Saffron (SU!) Paper: Wonderland (Cosmo Cricket) Other: sanding block, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, paper piercing tool, stamping sponge

8 comments:

Kathy K said...

Bring your oraganizing butt over here! :) Love the clipboard!

Anonymous said...

Super-cute, Christina! What a great idea!

Cathy Rulli said...

great job on these - those clips look cool - did you just get those? I'll have to stop there this week!!

Carolyn King said...

ohhh..the fun things you find when you clean (i am doing the same thing this weekend)
These are soo cute..love the magnet idea--might have to make some to spruce up my fridge---the kids might object to all their animal magnets being removed though...lol!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I have a clipboard that I haven't had the nerve to alter yet. Did you recently purchase those magnetic clips? You did an awesome job on them.
Sheri

Crystal said...

I look forward to your oganizational advice! I still have clipboards that are about 2 years old I haven't altered yet!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with your clips. I, too, bought some some fromt he $ spot---gotta love it! FYI---they are on clearance now. :o) I wiped out several Targets in our area. Look for me at Convention---wooohooo!
Kimberly
txtornadoinaz@yahoo.com

Maricar said...

Those magnets are great (and classy looking too).