Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Challenge Card and a New Look!

Hello! I gave my blog a facelift -- did you see my new banner? It's "me", definitely! :) Our friend Ray made it for me. Thank you, Ray!!! He and his wife Katie are incredibly talented -- Ray is an amazing artist, and Katie does beautiful floral designs. You can see some of her work HERE (her site and blog are also on my sidebar).



Here is a card for today's Color Challenge (Basic Black, River Rock, and Whisper White). The layout is Beate's Weekend Sketch #36. It's a pretty simple design, perfect for a wedding or anniversary. The paper is from SU!'s Apple Cider, and I embossed the white panel with my Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder. I paper pieced the cake with the paper, and I watercolored the pedestal with an Aquapainter and River Rock ink. I HAD to add some red Stickles to the heart atop the cake!



That's about it! I have a project I need to finish by Friday, so I guess I need to get to work on it! With any luck, I'll be able to share it with you tomorrow, but it depends on how many interruptions I get in the next 24 hours! Thanks so much for visiting my blog -- have a fantastic day! :)


All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Year After Year, Hugs & Wishes Ink: Basic Black, River Rock Cardstock: Basic Black, River Rock, Whisper White Paper: Apple Cider Other: Vintage Brads, Aquapainter, Stamping Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, Corner Rounder, ribbon (May Arts), Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft), Christmas Red Stickles (Ranger)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, your card looks fabulous! I love the paper pieced cake, dry embossed background and of course the sweet heart on top of the cake.
Hugs and smiles

Dawn Easton said...

Christina, this is gorgeous! Love the paper pieced cake and the stickles are cute on there!

Love your new banner!

Janine said...

This is a gorgeous card.. The colors are wonderful...

Mary Beth said...

Beautiful card! Love the paper piecing on the cake:) And the look of your new blog banner..very nice!! TFS all that you do. ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. I love these colors together! And...your new blog banner is awesome.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful card and love the new banner..The colors go so nicely together!

Alex said...

what a fantastic card Christina - I love the way you paper pieced that cake adn the embossing is totally awesome! As for your new blog look, it is beautiful, they are talented indeed! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Pat S. said...

Hi Christina!
Gosh! I really do like your new banner...those paper-whites are so pretty :)

And...I think your card just all came together so nice...this is one of my favorite color combos...that's such a pretty sketch...and you can't go wrong with polka dots!

Denise said...

Lovely card, I like the colors you used, thanks for sharing

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love your new look! Your challenge card is beautiful. I aslo love your bella card-so CHEERY!!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love all those dots! (That was my favorite sheet in that pack of paper. lol.)

Anonymous said...

How darling!!!! I LOVE the colors and layout, absolutely darling!!!!

Anonymous said...

great card and darling banner! hugs-jd

Unknown said...

This card is fabulous! Love the colors and layout! Love your new banner too! love your design and byline!