Friday, March 25, 2011

Wedding Card

Hello! TGIF! It's been a long week, and I'm SO glad Friday is here! I have a Stamper's Dream card to share with you today. It's a wedding card for a friend's daughter (and her new husband), so I wanted it to have a romantic feel. I combined a sentiment from the JustRite Wedding Nested Sentiments with this gorgeous BasicGrey Hello Luscious paper.


I cut and embossed the sentiment with one of the Labels Fourteen Nestabilities, and I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I covered the Maya Road chipboard heart with paper and sanded the edges, then I finished the card with some Ivory Burlap String and a Webster's Pages Sparkler.

That's all for today -- I'm so glad you stopped by!

Have a fantastic Friday!
Christina

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the way you used complementary colors, red and green, to make a nontraditional wedding card. The burlap string bow is a nice touch too. Very unique and I love it!

Cindy
http://paperoasis.blogspot.com

Celeste said...

Love it so much!

Dawn Easton said...

Love how you went with brighter colours for a wedding card! So different from the traditional!!! Fabulous my friend!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Hot Pocket! Love the bright colors and that sentiment is so sweet.

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a gorgeous card, Christina. LOVE the mix of patterns and colors. And who knew that burlap string could be so beautiful! Love that bow.